For me, I would want my rifle set up with a set of Recknagle or similar swing mounts and regulated for scope use. I sold my first one because I couldn't mount a scope on it. I've only had two doubles and a couple of drillings. There is a romance about shooting with open sighted doubles and they do handle a lot nicer, but to be honest it's hard for me to shoot well with open sights. I shoot my double a good bit, and I still wouldn't be comfortable shooting beyond about fifty yards with the open sights. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot to 150 with the scope. One of the things not often considered is the varying light conditions when shooting in the field. I've noticed that I shoot better in good light with open sights. I shoot somewhat less well when the light is not just right. That's not a problem at the range, on safari, it could be a problem. I believe it is my responsibility to put the shots exactly where they need to be. I can do that with the my double, but I can do it further and more consistently in all kinds of light conditions with the scope on it.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.