redz06,

You should know that the remark in question was not made to you as a relative new comer here. I had no idea at the time how many posts you had made then, and I care nothing about it now. Waving that bloody shirt is unjustified. Now if you had warned us all that you bruise easily and tend to withdraw when challenged, I might have dialed down the rhetoric.

The issue was your assertion on costs of used #1s that was way out of line with everything I have seen at multiple gunshops, gun shows in VA and 3 adjoining states, and the internet. For the record, I continue to doubt that the prices you quoted are the norm anywhere -- except for what a gun shop or pawn store might offer you for a used #1 rifle before adding their substanital profit to their price tag. Of course, there are clueless, inept, private sellers out there but they are not trend setters. And those deals represent a highly random, bottom end, of a price range that goes quite a bit higher. Any aware seller -- private or dealer -- could advertise such #1s on the inet for at least $100 to $150 more, or sell or trade them at gunshows for equivelant value. Why would they take such a skinning?

Anyway,...now I am on the verge of apologizing to the Albanians .

1B

Last edited by 1B; 03/14/12.