I'm glad you've all taken such an interest in our little town. We are actually classified as a "village" under LA municipal laws.
We are exactly one section in size. Not very large at all, but we are the only municipality that provides water and gas service to a large portion of the NE portion of the parish. So yes we have several ladies that work in the office and several men that take care of water, gas, streets, grass cutting, and general upkeep of the village, our police dept, fire dept. We service several hundred square miles of the parish with water and gas service.
I was appointed and the youngest mayor in LA history at the time I believe. I do not enjoy politics at all, but I felt it was my duty to take the position and keep our little village in the best shape I could. My salary is $50 per month, I think I take home about $44 dollars cash.
At the time I was the only registered Republican mayor in the the parish. I guess maybe if more here got out and participated in local government you wouldn't all be bitching about Obama or other political issues.
We have decided to keep all of our businesses main office in Palmetto because we feel a responsibity to help keep it going and help out any way we can.
Politics do suck, and it takes away from my main business, but I can bitch about the way things are run or I can do something about it.
Thank you all for learning so much about it and if you ever visit stop by town hall they will be happy to give you a tour. It's a beautiful area with lots of history.
As I said I'll take care of aalf's payment tomorrow. I'm glad you all have his back and I hope after he receives payment that you can all resume business as normal without this disturbance in your life.
Think this will be my last post on this one.

Thanks for all of your interest in this.

Sincerely,

JB