Home
Posted By: aalf Calling Out Palmetto.......... - 03/17/12
AKA:

Private Information Deleted

I hate these type threads, but I've been way past patient, and time's up.

Back on 1-5-12, we made deal on some detachable bottom metal for a 700 S/A for the amount of $125.00.

On 1-6, 7:24 AM I got this:

Money will be in the mail today.

JB

My shipping info is

Private Information Deleted

Later that day I boxed it up and sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation.

USPS tracking number:

9405 5036 9930 0365 0575 40

1-7, 9:11 AM I get this:

Thanks I put your check in the mail.

JB

1-12, 5:48PM I get this:

Lemme know if you get that check. Mail is very slow from here now due to post offices closing.
You may already have it though I guess??

1-15, 1:57PM I get this:

Bottom metal came in mail yesterday.
If my check doesn't arrive in a day or two let me know so I can resend it and cancel old one. Had one recently take 9 days to get to texas. So I'll give it another day or two.
You think this would work for a 308 if I changed my mind. Have a couple of short action 700s laying around right now.

Thanks

JB

My response an hour later:

USPS tracking showed delivery on Monday the 9th.

The PO's closed on Monday for MLK day, so we'll wait till Tuesday.

1-20 from me:

Still no money.........

1-22 at 2:40PM:

Got another check headed your way and cancelled other.
Wife and I had our third child.....finally a boy since last message and I haven't been online.
Already headed your way.

JB

2-17 at 2:04PM:

Still no money, time's up.

I want a postal money order in the amount of $125.00, sent priority mail, with a tracking number, ASAP.

3-7 at 6:45PM:

Jeff,

I find it interesting that you're willing to sell your reputation for only $125.00.

While you may be pretending to not be online, and not reading my last PM to you, I also have my PMs sent to my e-mail address, so you're really not fooling anyone but yourself. Plus, your profile shows that you log onto 24HR every day or two, so you're just ignoring the flashing flag indicating a PM, and not reading it, but you already know what it says.

I've tried calling you at work, but your secretary won't say when or if you'll be back, and, although I gave her my name and number to forward to you, you refused to call me back.

I've been more than patient with you, but it's now time to call your worthless ass out on 24HR, and let everyone know what a POS you really are.

3-12 at 8.36PM:

Interesting that you're still ignoring the obvious......

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User
Registered On: 09/17/08 03:37 PM

He was online a couple of days ago, and again yesterday:

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

So, he still checks in, but it's blatantly obvious he refuses to pay, or acknowledge any correspondence any more. I didn't wanna go public about this, but looks like we need to stay away from dealing with this guy.

this is a prime exaple of why you should NEVER ship a product before recieving payment.

sorry you got taken aalf and thanks for letting us know about this crook.
This is the second such thread about Palmetto!

IIRC Mr. Benhard is the freaking mayor or some such thing.

Without a doubt he is a POS in my book.

Hope it works out for you.
I believe it's the old man that's the mayor and such.

This guy's in his thirties.
Originally Posted by buckthumper
this is a prime exaple of why you should NEVER ship a product before recieving payment.

I don't agree with that in the least.
His old man needs to kick his lowlife kids ass then.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Me either. Why should the buyer be more trusting of the seller? Ive never understood why its the standard. Both parties have just as much to lose in a deal.
I got plenty of rope and I'm sure we can find a good stout limb!
I had a deal with him about 2 plus years ago,hes bi-polar or something.

Nor do I.

I've never been burned shipping before payment but aalf was indeed screwed this time.
Thanks for the info. I'll add Palmetto to the list of people never to do business with. Just another deadbeat to put on "ignore".
Palmetto is/was a mayor.

I dealt with him before and didn't have any problems. YMMV
If you know the individual you're dealing with then shipping product before payment is ok. If not, I would not ship anything until payment is received. How many times have you ever ordered from any online source and they didn't require a credit card number or payment in advance? It's simply SOP.
I starting getting suspicious when he first mentioned about taking awhile for the check to arrive.

Then, being quick to talk on cancelling the first one, especially when it can run $30-35(?) to stop payment on checks.

Third twinge was when on Sunday the 15th, he claimed the package came the day before(Sat), when in fact it was delivered on Monday the 9th.
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Nor do I.

I've never been burned shipping before payment but aalf was indeed screwed this time.

I always looked at it as part of the risk you take when you decide to buy from someone.It's the reason I won't buy from someone with few posts or without positive feed back from someone here with a good rep if they are new.I know it causes me to miss out on good deals sometimes.

I don't mind someone waiting for my check to clear to ship.The main thing to me is good communication.I like to know the person's home phone number and I like to get notification when my check gets there.

We really do need a bad guys list even if it is structured so that you have to wait a month to report a bad deal.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

We really do need a bad guys list even if it is structured so that you have to wait a month to report a bad deal.

Some sort of feedback is needed, other than the current good guy list which is impossible to really sort through.

This type of thing is becoming WAY to common lately
I haven't had any problems on this site with buying or selling. Most of the time if they have a high post count I'll ship right away and wait for the check later. Been burned once doing that on a different site, just not here.
Not sure how up to date this is but it still shows him to be the mayor....it is a rather large metro area...

Palmetto, LA

Perhaps if the city receives enough phone calls he might get in contact with you.
Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Some sort of feedback is needed, other than the current good guy list which is impossible to really sort through.

This type of thing is becoming WAY to common lately

On the good guy list I just do a search of the guys name.It has worked so far to find feed back.

On another forum I belong to there is a place to give and view feed back both pos and neg when you click on the guys name.I would hate though for someone to be able to slander a guy just because he had an argument about something else.
I have purchased many things on this site and thankfully, here at least, I haven't had any problems. When I sell something I go ahead and send it if the buyer either has a lot of posts or good feedback. I like to trust them just like they are trusting me in sending payment.
So far no one has burned me and if they do, shame on them. I do not want to change the way I treat my fellow gun/hunting enthusiasts because of the occasional bad apple.
Sorry to hear you are having a problem and hope that he does the right thing.
As a new member of this site, I would expect the seller not to ship an item purchased until payment is received and if payment is by check, for the check to clear. I have bought and sold items on this site and other sites and have not had any issues with any transaction. I also communicate with the other party until the deal is complete and finished for both parties.
aalf,
My heart goes out to you. Hard to know what to do. Sounds like you are on it.

I have been very fortunate, as well. This site has some of the nicest people I could imagine to deal with. Truly wonderful folks.
Every once in a while, there are a couple that get you.

I have been burned before. Not much to do but pound them, or move on. I honestly wish you the best success, to recover your funds.

Wanted to say thank you to all on here, that do their best. There are a bunch, for sure.

re
Go look at his previous posts about his VTR in 308 posted in Mid-Jan.

He talks about trying to get his mag box out of the gun thru the action, instead of taking the stock off. The mag box gets stuck then he strips a screw from the action while trying to get the stock off and fix the jammed bottom metal.

Hes a dumbass.

This is pretty sad...Over $125!?!? Why wouldn't he just pay it and be done??
I had dealings with him back in December on a trade. It finally turned out alright, and I was never at risk of being ripped off.

On 12-5, after several weeks of him saying he wanted to go through with trading a Conquest for a bow, I wrote:

"Jeff,

I'm wondering where you are with this. You've said more than once you will send pictures, but haven't, as well as your address. If we are going to trade your Conquest for the bow, I will need to receive the scope before I send the bow. I'm growing hesitant."

On 12-7 he said:
"It's on it's way.
Go ahead and check it out and let me know what you think.
If you like it send the bow on down."

On 12-12 I wrote:
"Do you have any shipping information on the scope?"

The following day he responded:

"Fedex actually brought scope back to office and my secretary was out because of her mothers funeral.

We had not put your contact phone number on the shipping package.
It will be there tomorrow by 10 or 3 pm.
They ended up not needing a contact number."

I have no clue what the problem was with my shipping number on the package. However, it did arrive on 12-14 and was in good condition. I can't interpret a man's intentions, and the deal turned out fine in the end, but it was a bit awkward along the way. At the end of the day, I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt. I hope things work out well for you.

As for the mayor thing, here is what he wrote:
"I'm the mayor here and there's only 180 of us in one section of land in the middle of the Atchafalaya basin!!!"
Lookie what I found........wonder what the excuse is now.....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6/Re_How_long_is_long_enough#Post5282536
Mayor- shmayer!!!
He ran unopposed in a town of 175 people.
With a town that small you should be able to get him on the phone around lunchtime .
That would shake him loose to be told he has a phone call while he's at lunch and have you on the other end...
I'd call Buddens Store and ask if he's there.(337) 623-4711
Trust me. You leave a stern but polite message about him owing you money and it will get to him.

this guy really has 1001 excuses doesnt he?
Hey it could be worse.........would you deal with a guy(?) who had 30 screen names....

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by goodiewrench, oldman1942, BossLady, interthem, Mr. Humble,
This is a sad example of why "free PayPal" (for non guns and other unforbidden items) is so great. Yeah you can be stiffed there ("the empty box trick") but most folks are Ebay members too and have far too much to lose to cheat. I realize many hate Ebay/Paypal because of their "California values", but most of those folks are using Windows OS and Bill Gates is the anti-gun poster boy.

Send a registered letter telling him failure to receive funds will result in your filing a complaint with all the branches of law enforcement you can think of (name them in the letter with addresses), and that you will out him on every gun site, (there are a ton).

Always prudent to never ship w/o cleared payment and if a gun is involved go directly to FBI & BATF. You never know, his real name might be Achmed !

If he's cheating you, he's probably cheating in his taxes too.........

Good hunting !

GFY!
maybe call his daddy.....

[Linked Image]
Jeff H. Benhard of Palmetto, La., studied economics and business at LSU.

Benhard is president of Benhard Grain, Inc., a grain and feed export business in Palmetto. He is also owner of Palmetto Angus Farms. He and his wife, the late Mary Pearce, have three children.

Benhard�s business affiliations include Washington State Bank, Palmetto Mercantile Company, Peoples Moss Gin Company, Benhard Warehouses, and Jeffco Transportation. Other affiliations include Palmetto Methodist Church, Louisiana Angus Association, LSU Junior Division Board, LSU Livestock Advisory Committee, and Louisiana Cattleman�s Association.

LSU Foundation Laureate Society, R. Olivia Davis Laureate
I don't know any of the details about this gripe, but I know Palmetto very well and absolutley guarantee that nothing is being stolen.
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'd call Buddens Store and ask if he's there.(337) 623-4711

I did call on 3-7. The gal wouldn't say where he was, or if or when he'd be back. She was being very protective for some reason. Obviously not the first guy looking for him.

She was wondering what I need to talk to him for. Really wanted to tell her it was none of her GD business. I told her it was a business deal and gave her my first name and number for him to return my call. Of course that has gone as expected.
Originally Posted by aalf
AKA:

Jeff Benhard II
125 West Railroad Avenue
Palmetto, La. 71358

3-12 at 8.36PM:

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

Wow, the guy intended to steal from you from the beginning and makes no bones about it.
Originally Posted by mdv1state
I don't know any of the details about this gripe, but I know Palmetto very well and absolutley guarantee that nothing is being stolen.

Bullshitt

Why don't you pony up and send aalf his $125.00 and then collect from the dumphuck?!

If you know him so well you should tell him to pay his freaking bills or pay it yourself and then you can deal with his sorry ass.
Looks like we think alike GW!

Why don't you pony up and send aalf his $125.00 and then collect from the dumphuck?!

Muleshoe, send me your address and I'll send you $60.00 and will collect from Palmetto when he's able, or if payment shows up, you can reimburse me. He has a good reputation in my book and something ain't right.

Didnt you offer up something similar?
Fool me once..

Read my first post.....it'll get you up to speed.

Seems to be pretty clear to everyone else.......
Fool me once..

I see, live and learn right.
I haven't been online much and did not notice the PM. I have paid for everything and shipped everything I have sold on this site.
Being mayor is far from my full time job.
Another check will be out Monday. A friend just notified me that all of this was going on. Nothing will be stolen I can assure you and anyone who calls my town or business will tell you that in the 120 years or so we have been in business here that no bill has gone unpaid.
Posting personal info of my grandfather is pretty unnecessary.
If I'm not welcome any longer to buy here well so be it. Was my oversite and I should have logged on and checked my PMs.
Secretary at town hall and office ignored call most likely because they both know none of us have any unpaid bills business or personal. Girls at the office get MANY calls through the switchboard if they don't seem right they screen em. I can't take 100 calls a day.
I am sending it out and hopefully that will finish this.
Also the "30 screen names" is news to me.
$125 on it's way again.

JB

JB

I have had exactly one deal with Palmetto. I was done via PM through a WTB ad he posted on or started, I don't remember exactly which.

Anyway, we worked out the particulars and agreed he would send me a Postal MO and he did. The price was wrong...he sent me $30 too much. I stuck $30 cash in the box with the stock and mailed it to him.

That's it. I named a price, he sent the funds and I mailed him the product. Nary an issue.

Only decided to share my experience since I saw his name mentioned. I'm not calling anyone a liar or taking sides. I hope both parties can work something out that they can both live with.
Ifyou re-read my post you'll see I wasn't referring to you.
I really don't have time to read all that mess. I am sorry the seller did not get his money promptly. That is all.
I'll get his payment out again and hopefully he will be OK then.
If anyone has any personal questions for me you can PM me. I'll be sure to check and respond to all.

JB
The "30 screen names" is referring to the campfires resident slapnut, Larry Root.
Posted By: add Re: Calling Out Palmetto.......... - 03/17/12
Originally Posted by Palmetto
Nothing will be stolen I can assure you and anyone who calls my town or business will tell you that in the 120 years or so we have been in business here that no bill has gone unpaid.

Don't think anyone cares (particularly the OP) what your business has done over the last 120 years.

So is repeatedly not responding and failing to pay a debt on received merchandise.

$125 on it's way again.

JB

lol

It takes what, three checks now, to be sent for one to make it...
I haven't been online much and did not notice the PM. I have paid for everything and shipped everything I have sold on this site.
Another check will be out Monday. A friend just notified me that all of this was going on. Nothing will be stolen I can assure you and anyone who calls my town or business will tell you that in the 120 years or so we have been in business here that no bill has gone unpaid.
If I'm not welcome any longer to buy here well so be it. Was my oversite and I should have logged on and checked my PMs.
Secretary at town hall and office ignored call most likely because they both know none of us have any unpaid bills business or personal. Girls at the office get MANY calls through the switchboard if they don't seem right they screen em. I can't take 100 calls a day.
$125 on it's way again.

JB

JB

How many checks/merchandise of yours has the USPS lost while conducting business on this board? I can count with 2 fingers over the course of hundreds of mail transactions that anything has ever been lost, and one of those eventully showed up? You're shady, just admit it and get some credibility back. People can handle the truth far easier than the BS you spew everytime you take months to come through on a deal, and only after they out you on this board.
This is at least the second time something like this has happened involving you.

I for one have seen more than enough to arrive at my decision.
Was my oversite and I should have logged on and checked my PMs.JB

JB

YOu did login, it shows your login times under the user list and aalf was watching you log in and out the whole time.

AKA:

3-12 at 8.36PM:

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

He was online a couple of days ago, and again yesterday:

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

So, he still checks in, but it's blatantly obvious he refuses to pay, or acknowledge any correspondence any more. I didn't wanna go public about this, but looks like we need to stay away from dealing with this guy.

I really don't have time to read all that mess. I am sorry the seller did not get his money promptly. That is all.
I'll get his payment out again and hopefully he will be OK then.
If anyone has any personal questions for me you can PM me. I'll be sure to check and respond to all.

JB

Didn't read all this mess, but have been in the hospital and dealing with a pretty big flood down here.
Please send me an address muleshoe. I don't want a fourth check sent back to my mail box.
I have always paid for everything I bought on this sight and always delivered what I sold.
Sorry for having written the address incorrectly and having an [bleep] put me in the hospital.
Not to mention I'm kinda busy with several thousand acres of my row crops flooded and 500 head of cattle to move.
I didn't read all this BS and really don't care. I always pay my debts and a FOURTH check will go out tomorrow.
Please do contact the LA AG, Gov, Parish DA, or any other LE in the state of LA. I'm sure they would all be more than happy to hear from me as I am personal friends with every one of them.
Since some jackass ran me off the road and flipped my truck on his cell phone it's been a little tough to run four businesses from my bed. Sorry I didn't get online too much. Wasn't really worried about shooting and my wife has been opening my mail. I don't think she really thought a $60 returned check couldn't wait until I felt a little better.
If anyone else has a problem with anything I haven't done properly or followed the rules on concerning the classifieds please shoot me a PM and it will be taken care of.

JB

Maybe you should start reading the "mess" and you wont keep making the same mistakes.
It's pretty obvious he is a pathological liar. Everything points to him being deceptive from the get-go on this. The first thing he mentions is the mail being slow and cancelling the check if it doesn't show. No one starts that way. The mail does not get lost very often, even with the "post office closings". There is no way he get "100s" of calls a day that need screening. A real man would not have a problem with something this simple. Black and white to me.
Another check will be out Monday.

As stated in a previous PM, payment is to be via USPS money order, sent priority mail, with delivery confirmation.

No more checks, personal or business.

Seems to be the only way to alleviate any problems.
Hey guys. I'll send the man his money again. If he gets it and is happy I will be as well. I'm not trying to impress the rest of you or defend the payment being returned, lost or late.
It's my debt and I would like to keep the bottom metal so I'll send out another check.
I have other business to tend to with my kids and won't be playing on the computer much longer. It's a nice day and I'm gonna be outside.
I'll keep the rest of my business with the original poster between us unless he chooses to let you know how long Fed Ex takes to get a check to him.
If the rest of you have time to look up personal info about everyone who had a mix up with a $125 bill then have fun.
Please keep any libelous or slanderous statements about myself off of here. You don't know me and I don't know you.
I appreciate that members of the site do take time to protect members from problems concerning items in the classifieds. I think I've been paid for everything I sold and I've given items away to several people here that I didn't need. I think by Tuesday everything I've bought or traded will also be paid for.
Like I said if any of you just don't wanna do business with me then that shouldn't be a problem. Hope y'all have a good day and get a good understanding of what you think about my mental, moral, financial, and all other areas of my life.

JB

I'll keep the rest of my business with the original poster between us unless he chooses to let you know how long Fed Ex takes to get a check to him.

Dont forget to put his phone number on the Fedex label thats carrying yet another check cool
As stated in a previous PM, payment is to be via USPS money order, sent priority mail, with delivery confirmation.

No more checks, personal or business.

Seems to be the only way to alleviate any problems.

Hey guys. I'll send the man his money again. If he gets it and is happy I will be as well. I'm not trying to impress the rest of you or defend the payment being returned, lost or late.
It's my debt and I would like to keep the bottom metal so I'll send out another check.
I have other business to tend to with my kids and won't be playing on the computer much longer. It's a nice day and I'm gonna be outside.
If the rest of you have time to look up personal info about everyone who had a mix up with a $125 bill then have fun.
Please keep any libelous or slanderous statements about myself off of here. You don't know me and I don't know you.
I appreciate that members of the site do take time to protect members from problems concerning items in the classifieds. I think I've been paid for everything I sold and I've given items away to several people here that I didn't need. I think by Tuesday everything I've bought or traded will also be paid for.
Like I said if any of you just don't wanna do business with me then that shouldn't be a problem. Hope y'all have a good day and get a good understanding of what you think about my mental, moral, financial, and all other areas of my life.

JB

Wondering if he doesn't read or just doesn't comprehend.
Palmetto, pay aalf and shut the [bleep] up. Next day air is in order.
It must be hell to try to pay for anything down in South Louisiana with the mail loosing all thoes checks.
Like he stated...he likes to play on the computer. This guy is a wreck and a half.

I'll let you know how long Fed Ex takes to get a check to him.

Seller posted above he would like a postal money order FOR THE SECOND TIME

Threatening people to shut up won't get you anything but on IGNORE, WHICH IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE, IT SEEMS

I think by Tuesday everything I've bought or traded will also be paid for.

So there are other items you are deficient on paying for?

Like I said if any of you just don't wanna do business with me then that shouldn't be a problem.

NO KIDDING?

IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS SINCE YOU POSTED YOU RECEIVED THE PARTS WHEN THE SELLER GETS HIS CHECK. DO YOU ALSO RUN YOUR CITY POSITION WITH THIS MUCH EXPEDITIOUS CONCERN FOR OTHERS?
[/b]

I DON'T CARE /OR EXPECT A REPLY, JUST TRYING TO BRING YOU UP TO SPEED ON HOW YOU LOOK HERE, AS IT SEEMS YOU ARE OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WRONG

JB

I've spoken to aalf via PM and I guess he can fill you in on any other details as he sees fit to.
Trying to call in a turkey for my daughter right now. Thanks to those that said I have paid, sent items, and handled transactions to their satisfaction.
If I don't have any other business with anyone else then I'll go on about my crazy, dishonest, illiterate ways the best I can I guess.
Thanks for all of your suggestions on how to improve myself. I'll be doing my best.

JB
I'd like to know what the "Interesting you're still ignoring the obvious" comment was all about.???

Nobody should have to deal with dead-beats like you. Especially a good guy like Al.......

Sending the money is just as much of a gamble as shipping before payment. I have had minor issues with people shipping to me over the years but by and large people are honest.
I don't think Honesty is the issue, expediency and replying to PM's is what IS the issue.

No way the person in question didn't see the PM's, and above he eluded to he isn't here much, which seems to be a big FIB.

I only posted as the buyer seems to not give a ratz asp of what he had done to Al. If he was ill, 2 months is still unacceptable for mailing money after he stated he received the goods.
Classic example of how NOT to do business on both ends..
Frankly I don't see that aalf did anything at all wrong.
i gotta rat on myself.
i work in the oil field, way out from town, doing goofy hours.
most of the time, i am here on my cell phone, or real early or late in the day on my home computer.
when i do a deal, i try to let the other person know this, as sometimes it's real hard to get to the po during normal people's hours to send mo's or the items.

i try as best i can to be timely, but sometimes, it don't happen.

Where it is normal business practice to pay for your items before shipment, we are not businessmen. We are just a bunch of guys who enjoy guns. It's reasonable to expayment before shipment. It is very trusting (foolish; depending on your perspective)to send an item before receiving said payment. wink
"Trust but verify". Ronald Reagan cool

Maybe if you contacted his wife and got her permission for him to spend money all would work out..... blush
I just want to know what Pricktop thinks about it.

sorry you got taken aalf and thanks for letting us know about this crook.

I don't agree with this either. I recently shipped out a set of $700.00 binoculars before I got a check for them. I'm not worried, because I'll collect the money in person if need be...
Hey, Splatt, ya ever git yer stock back?
Nope.
I sent two checks off a while ago, one to a member here and one for another payment elsewhere. Neither ever surfaced after a long wait. I re-sent and all was ok, but it sure made me look like a deadbeat. Both were dropped into the same mailbox the same time.

I once worked for a company that got a bag of mail that was over three (3!) years late. shocked It was found in Sacramento CA when the old PO was being moved. There were many hundreds of insurance payment checks and some cash payments in the bag of mail.
palmetto strikes again!!

This was my saga with him. He seems to respond once outed. Good luck aalf.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...4595/How_long_is_long_enough#Post5224595

Once is one time to many.....

Man has a metric sh*t ton of excuses.
Originally Posted by AKduck

yup....
I guess I'm just lucky! Several times I have put plain ol' US paper money in an envelope and sent it to the person I was making the purchase from. Have also mailed merchandise long before receiving payment and have yet to get burned.
Aught to get Troy from swamp people to track palmettos "check" down and chootem.
OK so wtf? Did you get the "Check"?
I just find it hard to imagine a politician from La being a Douche bag.
$125 on it's way again.

JB

JB

I'm not buying any of that bull chit story, only reason you're responding now is because someone lit a fire under your arse. Your type are NOT wanted here.....bye
He is a politician....
He is a politician....

AKA [bleep]?
Originally Posted by muleshoe

yup....

Yep, its pretty clear... One more IGNORE...
The secretary at the town hall switchboard???

who;s that?
the 16 year old girl that answers the phone at Buddens?

your "Town" is a city block square, what fking switchboard?

Mayor?

HA!

[Linked Image]
I'm glad you've all taken such an interest in our little town. We are actually classified as a "village" under LA municipal laws.
We are exactly one section in size. Not very large at all, but we are the only municipality that provides water and gas service to a large portion of the NE portion of the parish. So yes we have several ladies that work in the office and several men that take care of water, gas, streets, grass cutting, and general upkeep of the village, our police dept, fire dept. We service several hundred square miles of the parish with water and gas service.
I was appointed and the youngest mayor in LA history at the time I believe. I do not enjoy politics at all, but I felt it was my duty to take the position and keep our little village in the best shape I could. My salary is $50 per month, I think I take home about $44 dollars cash.
At the time I was the only registered Republican mayor in the the parish. I guess maybe if more here got out and participated in local government you wouldn't all be bitching about Obama or other political issues.
We have decided to keep all of our businesses main office in Palmetto because we feel a responsibity to help keep it going and help out any way we can.
Politics do suck, and it takes away from my main business, but I can bitch about the way things are run or I can do something about it.
Thank you all for learning so much about it and if you ever visit stop by town hall they will be happy to give you a tour. It's a beautiful area with lots of history.
As I said I'll take care of aalf's payment tomorrow. I'm glad you all have his back and I hope after he receives payment that you can all resume business as normal without this disturbance in your life.
Think this will be my last post on this one.

Thanks for all of your interest in this.

Sincerely,

JB

Pay your debts in a timely manner and take responsibility for your own lameness JB.
FKin GOOB...
Palmetto LA... AHAHAHAHA!!!
Land area: 0.90 square miles.

Our local high school is bigger than your fking town.
MAYOR...
you can stand in Palmetto on the railroad and see both ends of the "town".

Your the King Of [bleep], congrats.
I google-mapped town halls address at 224 East Railroad Avenue
Palmetto, LA and it came back with this as a street view...

[Linked Image]

Coon Ass!
Palmetto's post.....

Typical words of a true two-bit politician.

Ringworm...

Maybe weuns hyah at the far had best be takin' up a collection fer ol Palmetto.

They ain't even got no hounds.

Thangs ain't lookin too good fer him and his youngins.
Geeeez!! This is a rough bunch, LOL. Memo....."Pay Bills On Time".

Also, reminds me of the saying "If you tell the truth the first time you don't have to remember what you said last."

Sometimes this happens. But as a tribute to those here I've done business with either buying or selling, from bullets to scope mounts to guns, I've never been highjacked. As a seller anything less than about $75 or $100 bucks I have generally shipped when the buyer says he has, if not before. More value than that and I generally wait to have payment in hand, just in case of Murphy being somewhere along the line. As a buyer I leave it up to the seller and just get my payment out in a timely manner.
Originally Posted by shootem
Geeeez!! This is a rough bunch, LOL. Memo....."Pay Bills On Time".

Might be called "24HrCollection Agency."

Slogan...."Deadbeats Better Hunt A Hole."
And palmetto goes on ignore...
Yep
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

...in spades...
Can you say DEFLECT? crazy
Originally Posted by okok

Can anybody say... the point has been made, multiple times; give it a BREAK!! crazy

As I said I'll take care of aalf's payment tomorrow.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for hamburger today.. Tomorrow?
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

...in spades...

+2
kma wink
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by okok

Can anybody say... the point has been made, multiple times; give it a BREAK!! crazy

Doesn't hurt one bit, and may help some folks, to keep this near the top of the page.

This Palmetto guy has some bad history here, multiple times in fact.

Don't want to be made to look like an ass and a whelcher don't act like one! Pretty simple really. And all over $60 and $125!
Paypal.
Just a little update to ponder:

No priority mail envelope,

No USPS tracking numbers,

No money,

No correspondence.

Of course now he doesn't even log on, as if sending another PM would make any difference anyway.

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

Just a little update to ponder:

No priority mail envelope,

No USPS tracking numbers,

No money,

No correspondence.

Of course now he doesn't even log on, as if sending another PM would make any difference anyway.

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User

You have GOT to be kidding us!!!

Absolutely unfreakingbelieveable!
That guys got some huge balls.
Im sure theres a logical reason cool We should start a pool on what the excuse will be, hes used the lost check one a few times so I think he's due for another family emergency, Im in for a buck, anyone else?
Maybe if all of us start calling his "office" everyday it might help, could you imagine getting 50+ calls about this, surely that would have some effect.
Originally Posted by warpig602
Maybe if all of us start calling his "office" everyday it might help, could you imagine getting 50+ calls about this, surely that would have some effect.

I agree, need to apply pressure, lots of pressure and he will crack. Any more ideas?
If it is a low cost item or I've had previous dealings with the same person then I might ship the item before I get the the $. Other than that, my item stays with me until it is paid in full.

This stuff really isn't that hard...

RH
Another thing to do is send a link to this thread to every email address available for that city and county, maybe once all his "friends" in law enforcement and governemnt see it they might say something as well.
Post the number
I'll send the man his money again. If he gets it, and is happy, I will be as well.

Just one time would make me happy.......
This is a real clusterphuk.... palmetto is a deadbeat
I'll send the man his money again. If he gets it, and is happy, I will be as well.

Just one time would make me happy.......

The Palmetto Triangle....Checks & Money will just mysteriously disappear....the place is a geographical odyssey..
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
Paypal.

Yep and if he dont have an account maybe today is the day to start one

I dont know how he can look in the mirror

Hank

Trying to call in a turkey for my daughter right now.

Shame she's growing up without a real man in the house.
Originally Posted by SKane

Trying to call in a turkey for my daughter right now.

Shame she's growing up without a real man in the house.

OUCH!!!

The truth hurts I guess!
Sounds like she is already sitting next to one
What is needed is a system like is used on RimfireCentral.com sell something both buyer and seller grade each with points.

It's a great system and you can see how many transaction a person has good, bad and ugly.

I don't send a product out until I receive payment, but come hell or high water you will get it shipped the day after I do.

One reason I do not ship before payment is about 1-25 things I sell on the internet, the person has buyers remorse or never receive payment or a reply.

I always try to send the stuff out as soon as the deal is struck,I have yet to be burned substantially (20 bucks once,lol).....
I will continue to have faith in my fellow sportsman until I get toasted..
Originally Posted by mcsmith13
Sounds like she is already sitting next to one

Right, right. Well, seeing he's gotten his priorities straight and you're in admiration, what say you put your money where Palmetto's mouth is and pay his debt for him. crazy
WTF are you talking about, I'm agreeing with you saying hhis daughter is sitting next to a turkey, her dad Palmetto. I am asking for his number to the office to be listed so we can all call the deadbeat MF and humiliate his azz
I didn't really understand your post either until I read some of your previous posts in the thread.
Then I got it.
We need to make a thread calling out all these useless trolls who don't follow through with a deal.
People like this really tick me off! I think the people at my office forgot to put the mail out one day and made a payment of mine to a member arrive a day or so later then I anticipated and I felt bad!

It kind of chaps my backside when somebody won't go ahead and ship my item too me upon our agreement, because to me my reputataion is worth far more than any item or money to be had and it's deadbeats that won't pony up that cause others to be hesitant.

Mike

Didn't read all this mess, but have been in the hospital and dealing with a pretty big flood down here.
Please send me an address muleshoe. I don't want a fourth check sent back to my mail box.
I have always paid for everything I bought on this sight and always delivered what I sold.
Sorry for having written the address incorrectly and having an [bleep] put me in the hospital.
Not to mention I'm kinda busy with several thousand acres of my row crops flooded and 500 head of cattle to move.
I didn't read all this BS and really don't care. I always pay my debts and a FOURTH check will go out tomorrow.
Please do contact the LA AG, Gov, Parish DA, or any other LE in the state of LA. I'm sure they would all be more than happy to hear from me as I am personal friends with every one of them.
Since some jackass ran me off the road and flipped my truck on his cell phone it's been a little tough to run four businesses from my bed. Sorry I didn't get online too much. Wasn't really worried about shooting and my wife has been opening my mail. I don't think she really thought a $60 returned check couldn't wait until I felt a little better.
If anyone else has a problem with anything I haven't done properly or followed the rules on concerning the classifieds please shoot me a PM and it will be taken care of.

JB

Then tell your deadbeat friend:

1) That he is a deadbeat
2) That he is making a complete fool of himself
3) That bragging that he is friends with the state Atty General, every member of Law Enforcement in the state, LA AG, the Gov, Parish DA, or any other LE in the state of LA. "I'm sure they would all be more than happy to hear from me as I am personal friends with every one of them." Really? And your above the law? No Chit? Maybe we should all call them!!!
I'm sure that they would love to hear that Mr Deadbeat claims all of this. If he is such a big deal boss and manager then I would guess that he would be able to figure out how to mail out a check or MO. And that he would be able to figure out how to return emails and phone calls as well.
This is all repeat behavior. He has done this again and again.
Dirtbag, loser, and fool.
Might be fun to contact folks that prolly know him and ask if he's dead or not. When they ask why you can tell them he's not paying his bills and wondered if there was an estate to file a claim on.

Lots of ways to out a POS like this.

St Landry Parish Sheriff
108 South Market Street
Opelousas
(337) 948-6516

Port Barre Police Department
townofportbarre.com
498 N Saizon St
Port Barre
(337) 585-6212

Melville Police Department
516 Church Street
Melville
(337) 623-5777
WTF are you talking about, I'm agreeing with you saying hhis daughter is sitting next to a turkey, her dad Palmetto. I am asking for his number to the office to be listed so we can all call the deadbeat MF and humiliate his azz

Ahhh. My bad. blush smile
Originally Posted by SKane

Ahhh. My bad. blush smile

No worries, I was confused too!
Originally Posted by Redbone311

JB

Then tell your deadbeat friend:

1) That he is a deadbeat
2) That he is making a complete fool of himself
3) That bragging that he is friends with the state Atty General, every member of Law Enforcement in the state, LA AG, the Gov, Parish DA, or any other LE in the state of LA. "I'm sure they would all be more than happy to hear from me as I am personal friends with every one of them." Really? And your above the law? No Chit? Maybe we should all call them!!!
I'm sure that they would love to hear that Mr Deadbeat claims all of this. If he is such a big deal boss and manager then I would guess that he would be able to figure out how to mail out a check or MO. And that he would be able to figure out how to return emails and phone calls as well.
This is all repeat behavior. He has done this again and again.
Dirtbag, loser, and fool.

Far as I'm concerned scumbags like him deserve every bit of abuse x 1,000,000 that can be generated. I hate thieves and he is a POS thief.
Originally Posted by Karnis

Far as I'm concerned scumbags like him deserve every bit of abuse x 1,000,000 that can be generated. I hate thieves and he is a POS thief.

Carlos...I agree 100%. I know you to be one of the best on this site and I believe you regarding this bird being a punk-ass thief...and in my world there is NO place for [bleep] thieves!
Whatever the reason or excuse, hope the OP gets his money and this gets settled, finally.
Call his office again and say that you are with the New Orleans water office and you have some compliance questions to ask the mayor. See if this guy is full of chit or not. I have a very low post count and have no problem sending money before I recieve the product, if a seller sent before I had money sent I could not live with myself and think that I had recieved something without paying for it. What a bunch of BS. Hopefully you get it all figured out.
aalf:

Any update?
Originally Posted by Karnis
aalf: Any update?

Just got back from the post office.....nothing...... as expected.....
What a loser!
Too bad. Seems most on the fire and most other sites are reputable and really do care about their reputation. I have been lucky and have never had any bad dealings here, matter of fact they have all been fantastic. There is just going to be a bad apple every now and again that wrecks it for everbody. That is the way of the world. Damn shame.

This morning I was in a place of business when in walks the Mayor, he said he was going to buy gas so that Palmetto would have gas for the winter. As he was leaving I told him something needed to be done about the water, he turned and said "dig a well". I believe for a Mayor he should have said" I will see about it". MONEY can't buy ATTITUDE or CLASS. The Mayor sure has an attitude that needs ADJUSTMENT. MR MAYOR should be CONCERNED about the PEOPLE and their ISSUES. OH and by the way, there were people that HEARD what the MAYOR said...I called to speak to him month's ago. MAYOR never returned call, I settled things with out HIM. IF PALMETTO has a MAYOR like that I don't see a reason to KEEP him around, for sure NOT with an ATTITUDE. MONEY does not make a PERSON any BETTER than you or I. I'd RATHER BE BROKE. NEXT MAYOR ELECTION THINK ABOUT THIS...{if you don't like your water dig a well }

"Mr. Mayor" has everything he needs or wants and doesn't have to buy a thing for himself. He doesn't even need the job as Mayor. It's just a status thing. Palmetto is and always will be a dead-end town because it's locked up by one family. They own it and everything in it. And for that matter they own most of the people in it. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Does he have a facebook page?
when the guy said he would fix things tomorrow a red flag came up for me. I think most of us around here after reading this post and if any of us managed to be where palmetto is right now, I think any of us here would have been fixing the problem that day instead of tomorrow.
Last online March 20th....guess he's a thief!
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

And a liar.
Alf,

Publish his number. Maybe some guys on "The Fire" will call often enough to keep him reminded.
Originally Posted by rebelman
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

And a liar.

And a Democrap......

He is a thief and a liar. My adventure with him only took 7 weeks and a half dozen excuses.

Good luck aalf...
To The Top, For All To See..
Wow! Sure that guy isn't a pig farmer, too? That is more than just BS he is throwing around. How would you like to be his wife or kids? I bet his stuff doesn't stink but they can't do anything right.
This is a guy who needs to go to the front of his church on Sunday morning and repent, go the Post Office on Monday morning and send aalf a MO for $250 for being a liar and an arrogant ass.
And people wonder why we don't trust politicians!!!
BTW, I've bought and sold a few things here on the campfire and it has always been stellar. I've almost always sent the item as soon as someone said they sent the payment.
Best of luck to you aalf.
Is there a local newspaper you could mention this to a reporter/journalist? Maybe a pressrelease, or questions to the politicans section; they're usually free. Just a thought.
I would making a trip down there. I think it would be worth it. Imagine the look on his face...
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Is there a local newspaper you could mention this to a reporter/journalist? Maybe a pressrelease, or questions to the politicans section; they're usually free. Just a thought.

yeah, a letter to the editor would probably be sure to be published, and a hoot to do. i would do it just to get a chuckle out of it, if for nothing else.
His family probably owns the newspaper too.
I am sure he has been riding Grandpa and Daddy's coat tail his whole life...poor little rich Coonass kid....and I am sure all the local LE know him and are tired of his ass too but they would like to keep their job just like the newspaper guy would like to keep his.

Putting anything in the papers or making phone calls to complain is going to be like preaching to the choir....if you was local you could probably go see Grandpa or Daddy and get your money.

I am sure he is the Apple of their eye...

Not sure how many has ever been to Opelousas, LA but it isn't a large metropolis either but I can guarantee you one thing if you do go thru Opelousas, LA you better be driving the speed limit if your running out of state tags or have a pocket full of dead presidents..
What a [bleep]. Can't believe he would show up here, make up some crappy excuses (LIES), tell all of us to basically stay out of "his" business, and then just disappear again. He definitely needs to be banned and deserves whatever other grief comes his way because of this.
No don't ban him. Allow this thread to circulate till his name is national mud.
mad
mad mad
btt for the deadbeat Palmetto
National mud!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
Cant stand BS like that. He needs a good ol country a$$ whoopin!!!!
Originally Posted by slg888
[Linked Image]

That's good $hit, Stoney
Why can't we get a sticky, explaining the issue with the seller OR buyer, then BAN them from buying or selling.

There is something similar on PM!
btt
Y'all,

Please don't judge all of us from Louisiana by this pri*k.

Doug
We don't Doug.
There are douchebags in every State.

This particular douchebag just happens to live in LA.

Would never do that, heck I have muchco family in LA, had a roomate in school from there, my family is named Couvillon and Breard, hunt with Coonasses and Cajuns in AL every year, would have loved to have grown up in your neck of the woods, although the Lowcountry of SC is and was Great.
I don't do many deals on 24 CF but I take everyman's word as the truth.
I generally ship before getting pay.
If someone doesn't trust me ask NSAGAM.
Originally Posted by DouginLa
Y'all,

Please don't judge all of us from Louisiana by this pri*k.

Doug
btt
I know that I only have a few posts here but I have done several dealings with people on Archery Talk, Predator Masters, and one here and everything went great. Someone made mention of Facebook, this looks like him to me...

http://www.facebook.com/jbenhard
nudge.....
While he hasn't been on line for the last three weeks, I got a PM a couple of hours ago with the money order tracking number sent out yesterday. Doesn't say where it's going yet, just received and sorted......

We'll hopefully wrap this horseshit up in another couple of days.
Keep us posted. Hopefully this time will work. Still an unpleasant situation.
This guy is a douchbag. I had a very similar experience from someone here on the 'fire that eventually sorted everything out after I put a trace on some money orders I sent.
It's still rediculas to have to got though the ass pain for a bill and 1/2.
I hope this thread goes on forever. Someone needs to send Palmetto the entire thread.
Someone needs to send Palmetto the entire thread.

The Palmetto village clerk and chief of police have it.......
Posted By: SLM Re: Calling Out Palmetto.......... - 04/10/12

That's awesome, now send it to the Chamber of Commerce, news paper and any other address you can find.

Well I guess the Chief called Daddy and he had Momma go by the P.O. and mail the funds....Looks like they bailed him out again...Thanks Maw & Paw

You know what they say "It takes a Palmetto Village to raise a Scum Bag Idiot"
Posted By: TBB Re: Calling Out Palmetto.......... - 04/10/12
http://app1.lla.state.la.us/PublicReports.nsf/7A681B5E34484D8E862579BA00541BD1/$FILE/000277DD.pdf
I found this rather interesting fact in the financial statement.

11-2 Credit Cards
Finding
During the current year, there was a weakness in controls over the use of Village credit
cards As a result, a number of purchases of personal items were made Once it was
discovered that this had occurred, the individuals who made the purchases were required to
reimburse the Village
Recommendation
Establish a written credit card use policy and the Village Clerk monitor the credit card
statements more closely to ensure there are no future personal charges made

Response to Finding 11-2
Credit Cards
The Village has strengthened controls over credit card purchases All credit cards have been
cancelled except two One is maintained at the Village, in the safe, and the other is
maintained by the Police Chief, under lock The monthly statements are now examined by
the Clerk prior to payment being made In addition, the Village is in the process of
establishing a written credit card policy
BTT
What a friggin piece o chit!
coon-ass with a credit card...
This should follow him to any and all sites he frequents that have the possibility buying and selling. Hopefully it would help keep someone else from having this wonderful experience.

TTT
While he hasn't been on line for the last three weeks, I got a PM a couple of hours ago with the money order tracking number sent out yesterday. Doesn't say where it's going yet, just received and sorted......

Well has anything arrived at your mail box????
Its pretty sad that a grown ass man needs his parents to bail him out of a $125! Thats just sad!!!
Originally Posted by Oklahoma

Well has anything arrived at your mail box????

Nothing today.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow..........

Priority Mail�

Dispatched to Sort Facility

April 09, 2012, 3:03 pm

PALMETTO, LA 71358

Expected Delivery By:
April 12, 2012

Delivery Confirmation�

Acceptance

April 09, 2012, 10:06 am

PALMETTO, LA 71358

Lets hope [bleep] comes through!
Any bets it's a rubber check, not a MO?...
Posted By: add Re: Calling Out Palmetto.......... - 04/12/12

Hey, give the chowderhead a break.

The fifth time is a charm...
Hope the Post Office doesn't loose it again...
So when you get the empty envelope he can claim you've been paId
hows he going to mail it? isnt he on house arrest for chicken rape?
or was that just a rumor?
I heard he was running though town with a hen stuck on his pecker screaming "IF AN EGG CAN COME OUT..."
[Linked Image]
What is the record for longest running post ?
Originally Posted by unleaded
What is the record for longest running post ?

We're no where close with this one.
It may be in the running for longest payment time however.

And it is surely very very near the top with regard to most BS excuses.
You should have your mail by now. Well?...
A man is only as good as his word (words to live by)
He is not worth a damn
Tracks, I love the Christmas lights saying. That's a classic!
My guess is he sends the item back because he has no money to pay for it.
Originally Posted by yukonal

Since you asked.......no, not yet.

After my 7 week ordeal with him he did send me a personal check.

Surprisingly, it was good.
Originally Posted by yukonal

Since you asked.......no, not yet.

Wow...REALLY? What a cluster!
What a piece of chit! I can't believe that your still unpaid.

I'm gonna call all around there tomorrow and see if I can embarrass the hell out of him and his dad.
Actually I think we should all do that. They will all remember hundreds of people calling and complaining that bubba is a P.O.S.

Oh yeah, I just remembered something about daddy complaining that he had to have a secretary screen all the calls because hundreds were coming in. Must have been some other people trying to get paid. P.O.S.!
So did the fricking USPS ever show up with anything from Palmetto, LA??????? If they did what was it?????? A piece of dog [bleep] in a box or what????
So did the fricking USPS ever show up with anything from Palmetto, LA???????

Nope, not yet.

I had my post office run the tracking number late yesterday afternoon, as mine only showed something being sorted at Palmetto, and delivery was due yesterday, April 12th.

The PO's tracking at least showed my zip code as the destination.

Fingers numb from being crossed.........
Originally Posted by Jeff3C
My guess is he sends the item back because he has no money to pay for it.

[Linked Image]

he finally has enough cans in the village recycle collection to sell and pay for it.
Even funnier would be if aalf's postman has been watching this and is the one with an issue.

USPS is screwed up I'm waiting on a knife from Gene Ingram and tracking said 4/12/12 but it was in NJ yesterday...difference being Gene is in contact with me and sent it out Monday USPS is a cluster [bleep] right now
Update?

This epic saga has finally come to a close......yee [bleep]' haaaaa......

The money order has finally showed up this AM and is safely in the bank.

If anyone chooses to deal with this guy, you've been warned.

A couple of points.....

Talking to the chief didn't help, nor filing a complaint. He can't make him pay if he doesn't want to.

What actually worked was to google all the Jeff Benhards and start calling. The second call last Thursday got me to Grandpa Benhard. (actually the guy in the pic that's been posted) I had a pretty good chat with him explaining what has been going on with #1 grandson. I don't know, or care, what was said, but it got results. He promised me I'd be paid in full, and the sole reason the M/O got sent out on Mon.

Thanks to all that helped. (except for interthem and his PM's, what a [bleep])

Palmetto has [bleep] in his 24HR bed for the last time.

Case closed on this nightmare.
Thanks to all that helped. (except for interthemLarry Root and his PM's, what a [bleep])

Fixed it.

Truer words were never spoken.

Glad this is finally over for you.
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Thanks to all that helped. (except for interthemLarry Root and his PM's, what a [bleep])

Fixed it.

Truer words were never spoken.

Glad this is finally over for you.

+1 on the issue getting resolved FINALLY!

+1,000,000 on Larry Root being an unhelpful [bleep]!
You got lucky. I really did not think he was going to pay up.
Thursday got me to Grandpa Benhard.I had a pretty good chat with him explaining what has been going on with #1 grandson.
I removed the pic outta respect for Grandpa Benhard. Too bad he has to deal with an Incompetent Grandson.

Glad you got your money Al.
Originally Posted by rebelman
You got lucky. I really did not think he was going to pay up.

He didn't!!!!!

Glad you finally got your money.....
Glad you finally got your money.....

You avatar was me this morning........ grin
Did you take a pic of the M.O....

The grands like the tigger..so I had to put him up ..go figure..funny how they can make fools out of old men...

No, but I opened it on the spot and the PM deemed it real. He didn't have the funds in the till to cash it, so I ran to the bank ASAP.
Great to hear. It's pretty terrible you had to go through all that for such a small amount of money.

No, but I opened it on the spot and the PM deemed it real. He didn't have the funds in the till to cash it, so I ran to the bank ASAP.

aalf,

I just read this thread and am so sorry you got treated like that. Palmetto, LA is just an hour down the road from where I live. I don't know this little fart, but Mr. Jeff, the man in the picture, is a good man, very well respected.

My late Daddy knew him and thought the world of him. My family has been in the cattle business for years and we've bought cattle from Mr. Jeff, repeatedly, since the '60's and '70's. The Benhard family has been very successful in business for generations, even before Mr. Jeff. Looks like they lost their mojo with this little turkey.

Palmetto is a rural stop in the road, most of the surrounding property, Benhard holdings. The cattle farm is 1,750 acres of prime river bottom land. And then there's the feed mill and store, the catfish farms, etc., etc. Their feel mill is a major business by itself, supplying feed to a large area.

I am embarrassed, and I'm sure Mr. Jeff is, too. At least by talking to the right man, you got something done. And it's not like they don't have a pot or a window...

DF

edited for spellig
© 24hourcampfire