-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've spoken to aalf via PM and I guess he can fill you in on any other details as he sees fit to.
Trying to call in a turkey for my daughter right now. Thanks to those that said I have paid, sent items, and handled transactions to their satisfaction.
If I don't have any other business with anyone else then I'll go on about my crazy, dishonest, illiterate ways the best I can I guess.
Thanks for all of your suggestions on how to improve myself. I'll be doing my best.

JB

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to know what the "Interesting you're still ignoring the obvious" comment was all about.???

Nobody should have to deal with dead-beats like you. Especially a good guy like Al.......

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sending the money is just as much of a gamble as shipping before payment. I have had minor issues with people shipping to me over the years but by and large people are honest.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I don't think Honesty is the issue, expediency and replying to PM's is what IS the issue.

No way the person in question didn't see the PM's, and above he eluded to he isn't here much, which seems to be a big FIB.

I only posted as the buyer seems to not give a ratz asp of what he had done to Al. If he was ill, 2 months is still unacceptable for mailing money after he stated he received the goods.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Classic example of how NOT to do business on both ends..

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frankly I don't see that aalf did anything at all wrong.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i gotta rat on myself.
i work in the oil field, way out from town, doing goofy hours.
most of the time, i am here on my cell phone, or real early or late in the day on my home computer.
when i do a deal, i try to let the other person know this, as sometimes it's real hard to get to the po during normal people's hours to send mo's or the items.

i try as best i can to be timely, but sometimes, it don't happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Where it is normal business practice to pay for your items before shipment, we are not businessmen. We are just a bunch of guys who enjoy guns. It's reasonable to expayment before shipment. It is very trusting (foolish; depending on your perspective)to send an item before receiving said payment. wink
"Trust but verify". Ronald Reagan cool

Maybe if you contacted his wife and got her permission for him to spend money all would work out..... blush

Last edited by John_Boy; 03/17/12.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just want to know what Pricktop thinks about it.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by buckthumper
this is a prime exaple of why you should NEVER ship a product before recieving payment.

sorry you got taken aalf and thanks for letting us know about this crook.

I don't agree with this either. I recently shipped out a set of $700.00 binoculars before I got a check for them. I'm not worried, because I'll collect the money in person if need be...

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, Splatt, ya ever git yer stock back?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent two checks off a while ago, one to a member here and one for another payment elsewhere. Neither ever surfaced after a long wait. I re-sent and all was ok, but it sure made me look like a deadbeat. Both were dropped into the same mailbox the same time.

I once worked for a company that got a bag of mail that was over three (3!) years late. shocked It was found in Sacramento CA when the old PO was being moved. There were many hundreds of insurance payment checks and some cash payments in the bag of mail.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
palmetto strikes again!!

This was my saga with him. He seems to respond once outed. Good luck aalf.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...4595/How_long_is_long_enough#Post5224595

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Once is one time to many.....

Man has a metric sh*t ton of excuses.

Yup.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKduck

Man has a metric sh*t ton of excuses.

yup....

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I'm just lucky! Several times I have put plain ol' US paper money in an envelope and sent it to the person I was making the purchase from. Have also mailed merchandise long before receiving payment and have yet to get burned.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Aught to get Troy from swamp people to track palmettos "check" down and chootem.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
OK so wtf? Did you get the "Check"?
I just find it hard to imagine a politician from La being a Douche bag.

WarDamnEagle
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Palmetto
I haven't been online much and did not notice the PM. I have paid for everything and shipped everything I have sold on this site.
Being mayor is far from my full time job.
Another check will be out Monday. A friend just notified me that all of this was going on. Nothing will be stolen I can assure you and anyone who calls my town or business will tell you that in the 120 years or so we have been in business here that no bill has gone unpaid.
Posting personal info of my grandfather is pretty unnecessary.
If I'm not welcome any longer to buy here well so be it. Was my oversite and I should have logged on and checked my PMs.
Secretary at town hall and office ignored call most likely because they both know none of us have any unpaid bills business or personal. Girls at the office get MANY calls through the switchboard if they don't seem right they screen em. I can't take 100 calls a day.
I am sending it out and hopefully that will finish this.
Also the "30 screen names" is news to me.
$125 on it's way again.

JB

JB

I'm not buying any of that bull chit story, only reason you're responding now is because someone lit a fire under your arse. Your type are NOT wanted here.....bye

Last edited by okok; 03/17/12.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,041
Posts18,482,043
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.