I have the XDm 4.5 9mm and can give my impressions of it. The XDm has a grip that is less blocky than a Glock, it even feels different that their XD model. It comes with three interchangeable backstraps � not easily so like the M&P, you have to knock out a roll pin to change it � so you can pick which one you like. It also comes with two magazines, a mag loader, a magazine holder and holster for your belt, so you�re all ready to go.

Accuracy is about the same as my Beretta 92, 2 �� at 25 yards with good ammo is about as good as mine shoots. The rear sight is a bear to drift left or right, it�s in tight, but once adjusted it stays put. It is hardened steel and tough so you can whack it pretty good without hurting it. If the gun shoots high or low for you, you can call Springfield and they will send you a different height rear sight for free. Good for a laugh, too, since this tiny little sight comes in a 8x8� cardboard box with about a square yard of packing paper inside.

Mine has fed and ejected everything, well over 600 rounds now of factory and my handloads and it hasn�t had one single malfunction. Not one, even with ammo that bobbled in the Beretta. My first handloads were loaded so weak they didn�t push the slide back far enough to lock it on the last round, but it still ejected them okay. The Beretta failed to eject some of those.

The M&P gets high grades and the main reason to choose it is if that more rounded grip appeals to you, but I can highly recommend the Springfield XDm from my example of one.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!