I have a 5" M&P 9mm Pro Series and it has been fantastic. I have the small back strap on it and it fits my small/medium hand size like a glove. The M&P has a very low bore and sits very low in the hand; the felt recoil is like a .22 LR target pistol to me. The Pro Series trigger is pretty nice for a striker fired gun and the reset is crisp and short on my pistol. I have 1,250 assorted rounds through mine of various hardball and hollowpoint and it has been 100% reliable. I cannot make it choke, even when I tried with some very weak/limp wrist holds and grips, it just refuses to malfunction. My son has the same M&P Pro Series gun with the 4 �� barrel and hasn�t cleaned his for over 1,500 rounds now and it chugs right along with zero issues.

Accuracy in my gun with 147 gr. ammo surprised me � sub 1 �� groups at 25 yards handheld from a seated rest. My last range session with some Federal and Winchester 147 gr. flat point FMJ�s produced several groups of 1� right at point of aim. Some groups opened up to just less than 1 �� and I�ve replicated this several times during various range sessions since buying this pistol so it isn't a fluke single group. That is about as good as my eyes will allow me to shoot at 25 yards. Tin cans and clay pigeons get torn up pretty easily out at the 50 yard berm on our handgun range. Again, the accuracy surprised me! The only negative comment I can make is that this gun is strongly oriented toward the heavier 147 gr. bullet weight. It shoots very low with 115�s and just a bit better with 124 grain bullets. But those 147�s cluster so nicely right on the green fiber optic dot that it is hardly worth mentioning the other bullet weights.

While my son�s gun has been reliable it isn�t quite as accurate, nor is the trigger quite as good as mine. His gun sights are regulated a bit closer for the other bullet weights and will shoot to point of aim with 124 gr. bullets. Accuracy with his gun seems to average about 2 �� - 3" with the better loads. For me the M&P is an easy pistol to like and I prefer it to the others for a poly frame striker fired gun.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.