We have my dad's S&W model 60 357 mag. 3" bbl, 5 rd. with adjustable sights because he's going out of town. We'll have it for six weeks or so. I've shot it many times in the past. It's not bad even with full power 357 mag. loads. I'm an semi auto guy myself. I love my Glock's a G22 & G27 both 40 S&W, I also have a G31 357 Sig. and LWD 9mm conversion barrels for my G22, so it's my most versatile pistol. I also have and like my SW1911 it's fullsize 5" 45 ACP, it's my first and only 1911 so far.

However, I've always liked this little model 60. I was carrying it yesterday for a while. It carries great. Most of the time I didn't even know it was there. My wife likes revolvers more then semi auto's. Although she likes the Glock G19 9mm and S&W Bodyguard 380. So my dad wants her to shoot his model 60 as much as she can while he's gone. I've never shot a Ruger SP101. That's why I asked about them. They're like $75 to $100 cheaper then the S&W model 60. Just looking for as many opinions, pro's and con's on both makes and models that I can get.

Thanks, NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!