Originally Posted by jimmyp
The whole united states military is wrong, I must get pistons installed, I know my current carbines work just fine and the others I have owned all have worked fine, but this amazing revelation regards how to turn a functioning mil spec carbine into a hobby gun is now at the top of my "to do" list.

If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzUUOBfLpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Flimsy looks fragile

This YouTube Video guy has made a lot of assumptions about the kit without actually torture testing it. In fact, the kit reduces your total part count on the rifle and isn't nearly as fragile or complicated as he reports. At least it's not as complicated as the other piston systems available today. You need not make any adjustments or use any devices on your weapon to go from blanks to full power loads, to shooting with a suppressor. Additionally, without introducing gas and carbon into the upper receiver, necessitating the use of copious amounts of grit collecting oil, the bolt carrier and upper receiver are exposed to far less heat and wear.

The horse and buggy were quite adequate as a mode of transportation. People laughed at Henry Ford and wondered why anyone would buy a car when you are already feeding the farm horses and they would get you there, too.

Let's look at some of the stellar decisions that our military has made about weapons. Drop the .45 ACP in favor of the 9mm so the girls can shoot, too?

I'm still not trying to sway you die hards, but the newbies have a right to know the facts about GP systems and their benefits.