I found this forum looking specifically for info about Ross Seyfried, since I've not seen articles, etc. of his for some time. My main line of interest into which he delves is black powder arms, both breech and muzzle loading. His work on the subject has always been very informative and entertaining. For those looking for performance from this era of technology, stop hoping for some new commercial "breakthrough", or searching for something missed in research of 19th century Hawken or buffalo rifles. Look instead to the design and methodology employed by the purveyors and consumers of 19th century British sporting rifles... these intrepid gentlemen were using such weapons to hunt game from rook to elephant, from stalking rifle range to several hundred yards. Ross has published much valuable material on this topic, and others. (Note to MartinBNS: If you really want to see 'BS' in this area of discussion, check out the frequently pointless pap from Sam Fadala or much more so that of Doc Carlson... Talk about amateur hour!)

Steve
-----------------------------------
"Boys enjoy the misery of their companions and in later life I have found that all adults are not free from that peculiarity."