SharpsShooter---I like Seyfried's writing, and I share his interest in single shots and double rifles, particularly those of British origin. Nobody else writing today has his depth and breadth of knowledge on the subject, IMHO. There are very few people in his league in the cast bullet arena, either for handguns or rifles. He has wide hunting experience in Africa and here. He can describe the aesthetic of hunting with classic pieces better than anyone else I've read. He is an accomplished sporting clays shooter.
He won the 1978 U.S. National Championship in practical pistol and was a member of the second placed National team in the 1979 Championship. He won the 1981 IPSC World Champion using surprisingly stock type equipment, a Colt .45 prepared by Pachmayr with very few bells and whistles -- an accuracy and trigger job combined with a good set of iron sights. A far cry from today's race guns. The US team, led by him also won that year.
In real world experience and expertise, he is at the top of his profession. He is apparently not a real warm and fuzzy guy, and the only time I've ever spoken to him (about his hunts at his Elk Song ranch), he was polite and correct but not warm or chatty. That's fine---I've got friends if I want to chat.
But one thing he does not bring is BS.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.