Originally Posted by FVA
Sounds like we need a Rock Whambulance for some.
If you need a good barrel, Mcmillan, or some other good stuff order it in a year advance knowing it will come when it comes.

There is a reason there is a wait.

Forget Rock barrels. Just makes it quicker for me.

Make sure to tout the next greatest on time maker on the internet and watch one or two years later as customers are going through the same thing touted here because everyone ran their way.

Rocks rock.

Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
My order was placed 9 Apr, and no barrel here yet either. Also no charge to the card. frown

That's why I'm not bummed much, despite the frown. I originally planned for this re-chambering after hunting season in November / December, which is why I ordered it in April. Two weeks ago they said they were running 25 cals and a barrel would likely ship "next week". Who knows--maybe it still will? Or maybe it won't!

I also just ordered a 30 cal Rock for the same time frame. Same contour, a #3.

Barrel makers are prima donnas, no? You call them and they say, "I'd love to make you a barrel. Our timeframe is six months to a year, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. We can't really say."

And like real prima donnas, everyone is willing to wait for them to do their work for the show. High demand, high quality.