If they already bought from Davis, support the local! I lived in MI (for school) but paid to have them ship the stuff out b/c I knew their reputation. Back in CO now and happy I did so.

I have the Kings package from them. Tent, stove, cots... ALL work great. Have kept me warm many a night. I have the ridge model and it will heat you out of the tent if you let it.

Wood stove is more of a hassle, but worth it in my opinion. I also have a propane heater to take the chill off in the morning if the fire goes out for some odd reason.

I used coal for the first time this past season and was pleased. Got a fire going well and put a couple big sized pieces in at night and close down the vents. In the morning, throw a log in, and open up the vents. The coal doesn't give off much heat over night, but starting a fire in the morning was easy - literally, throw a log in and open the vent, set percolator on stove and get back in bed for 30-45 minutes. smile

To me, sleeping in a wall tent heated by a wood stove IS HUNTING! My buddies all have 5th wheels w/ propane heat and sattelite TV... I'll keep my tent thank you very much.

Thanks Saddlesore and K_Salonek for the tips on moving the coals back (I pulled them forward before). I'll give this a try this year.

Last edited by CumminsHunter; 06/01/12.

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile