A few years back (about 30 yrs) I decided to build my version of the ultimate "calling" rifle. I settled on a Mauser 98 with a 20" barrel with the profile of the WW70 FWT chambered for my version of the .250 Savage Imp. The stock is a Fajen Thumbhole.
When out after 'yotes, I use mostly Sierra 87 grainers, but from time to time I run some Hornady or Speer through. When I'm playing with jackass rabbits, I usually use Hornady 60 grainers, either RN or pointed, whichever I find at the store.
When I lived in Alaska, I used 90gr HPs for the local Sitka blacktail. The scope is a Redfield Widefield 2-7X.
If I'm into production shooting, like our Richardson squirrel, here in Nevada, I bring out my Remington M700V in .222 filled with Speer 52gr HPs. The scope is an 8-32X, and I've carried THIS gun for over 40 years.
Some times I carry a second rifle to let the other "cool". It's a Winchester High-Wall in .219 Zipper Improved with a heavy barrel and BR stock and muzzle-brake so I can watch those "picket-pins" go through their contorsions wayyy out there. The scope is a Redfield 20X M3200. I've only used this one for the last 5 years, or so.
Have fun, Gene