Originally Posted by jwp475

I shoot the 175 JHC in my 4" M-57 41 @ 1536 FPS, I don't think that a 10mm will get there. The 41 has more juice than a 10mm

I did not say that my 10mm handloads were equal to or superior to any and all 41 Magnum loads, handloaded or otherwise. I merely stated that my handloads were nigh unto identical to THOSE loads, as tested by our illustriopus bullet tester, and they are. That was all. Certainly with heavy bullets especially the 41 MAgnum would leave a 10mm auto in the dust fairly soon. That was not the point.

As to a 175JHC at 1536, with my 10mm I don't even want to try. 1375 is plenty for me and mine. Matches many 41 Rem factory loads and most handloads in that cartridge, or at least close enough for me.

Just sold a 41 Magnum Mountain gun Smith&Wesson in SS. Even with the Mountain gun contour barrel it was heavier and much thicker than my Colt 10mm.

Last edited by safariman; 08/06/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500