Most of my friends and Ive used those plastic cigar tubes for carrying individually loads for our muzzle loaders for DECADES and no one I know has had problems, I think a good deal of the scare tactics , where people talk about static electricity might ignite powder, if you use plastic, were originally just related to increasing sales to a specific vendors products, but eventually got repeated enough over the years so they were taken as fact with zero proof and thought to be related to anything similar.
besides I don,t see how anyone can build up much static electricity ,90% of the time were walking in damp ground or grass , and last time I looked I was not shuffling my feet across a nylon carpet in a dry cold area so I could sneak up on a friend and zap him just before I reload my rifle, or wearing much synthetic clothing while hunting with a front loader. Id be more likely to look like this, (my coats made from a couple old olive military blankets and I wear dark green dye levis and leather boots while hunting with a front loader

[img]http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-53721454305443_2225_7605318[/img]
[Linked Image]
obviously if the idea keeps you up nights use a brass powder horn, with a built in measure

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 340mag; 08/25/12.