Is anybody here privy to the details and actual transcripts of the case, and is anybody here privy to the actual settlement in question?

Facts would be nice here instead of conjecture. I will be happy to reconsider my opinion if someone can present me with the actual facts of the case and the judgement of the court, which is the only "opinion" that really matters.

Until then, ALL other opinions, mine included, are simply that - uneducated opinions.

PS: I usually refrain from posting opinions, as mine is no more valid than anybody else's. I just get fed up with everybody throwing the "innocent until proven guilty " concept out the window and lynching everybody and his brother based on nothing. If someone can prove to me that Rick Jamison's case is totally baseless and Browning caved in solely to avoid a costly legal battle then yes, he is a money grubbing whore. But until anybody here does that, based on court records and only on court records, I will give the man the benefit of the doubt, just as I give it to anyone.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!