Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The deer I was referencing was a 76 point buck. His G12s were 24" long and perfectly symmetrical. Shot him on the run at 1065 yards with a 30-378. Held just over his back. Dead right there. Packed him out 27 miles from my treestand at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

I'd like to thank Team Realtree for their awesome camo that allowed me to sneak up so close. Tasco scopes for the incredible optics that let me know whether the buck would score over 300, otherwise I would let him walk. My Thompson/Center Encore in 30-378 was barely adequate for whitetail deer, but I used to be an olympic champion in the sniper/badass/ping pong competition , so this shot was so easy it was like taking candy from a baby. I hiked 27 miles into my treestand, and had to shoot three 800 pound black bears on the way in. They attacked me en force and knocked my rifle out of my stupid Eberlestock bag, but somehow I recovered enough to pull my BFR 45-70 revolver and shoot completely through all 3 bears with one shot.

Sounds a little far fetched to me... confused

"Hey hold my beer while I shoot this buck"