Originally Posted by woodsonchris
I'm in two fantasy football leagues, one I'm dominating, the other I'm a playoff team. Between the two, I stand to win a fairly large sum even if I don't win the bowl. Last year I got second place in one and made a few bucks in the other and treated myself to a Browning BLR in 243 as my "driving" gun. I intend to blow this money too. My arsenal is lacking a black powder gun and smokeless appeals to me considering I live in a "no center fire" area. Smokeless seems logical?

Should I get one of the savage ml2 or get a Remington 700ml and get the conversion done with a 45cal? Which and why?

Guessin' the first place for you to start is a brain scan.

Sorry to sound so gruff (not really), but just a friendly suggestion of sorts...you could actually get a BP gun and shoot real BP and lead, and in the process find out they are as easy to clean as smokeless. Easier in some cases actually. They tend to be accurate, reliable (assuming you are diligent), and (oh, the horror!) they kill chitt dead. Atop all that, you won't be caught in the woods looking like you found a gun in the wreckage of a Klingon battle cruiser. Too, as Capchee said, you might even go for the gold and have something worthy of the 1,000 yard line.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain