Well, not to be picky, but what does that have go do with muzzleloading?

The term "slug gun" is used in historically correct form in discussions about a discipline popular from around 1880 to present. Most of the activities surrounding such guns revolved around the National Rifle Club in the early decades. Today it continues through several organizations and locations. The NRC was revitalized not too long ago and HQ is in Cody, WY. The guns used are muzzle loaders of various bores, sabots are not used but chase and strip patch are. .50 caliber is common but the largest I've seen shoot is a .56 cal which shoots a 1300 grain 2 piece bullet thru an 18 groove barrel atop 250 gr of BP. It was built by HV Perry in the late 1800s and is more bless with accuracy an precision than your bolt gun, wind be damned. Standard competition range for these guns was 220 yards, expressed then in terms of rods. Competition was had at 40, 80, and on occasion 100 rods. Score was string measure, or the aggregate of distance of bullet hole center from POA. Matches typically run 20-30 shots. The standing record string for 20 shots at 220 yards is in the range of 5-6". I do not recall the precise number at the moment.

Can't access pics at the moment, but I have a few I'll post later for the helluva it. Until then I'd suggest that we stay on topic. There's a thread in the Big Bore forum called "12 Ga. From Hell" if you want to race on that topic.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain