Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by NathanL
5% isn't going to cover it.

Franchise owners meet and discuss Obamacare
I find it incredible a franchisee of any size at all wouldn't have done that simple math but just read this thread, talk about head in the sand. And those attacking the franchisee in the OP won't read the very brief article (or understand it apparently).
What is funny though is what the guy is illustrating is EXACTLY what all the opponents said from day one but the left just kept talking about how 'magic' it was going to be. And people think they are stupid. They are not stupid. They are evil. mad
I don't see anything in that article that changes my mind. The business owner they interviewed said it would cost an amount equal to ONE AND A HALF percent of his total sales to cover all of his employee's with insurance. That's a far cry from the FIVE PERCENT of total sales the Denny's CEO plans to charge his customers to cover his expenses. FURTHERMORE, the CEO interviewed in Nathan L's link says he can pay the fines for not insuring his employee's for just a little more than his current cost of only insuring a small portion of his full time employee's. AcesnEights was certainly right about wasting my time on simpletons.
When was Denny's CEO ever mentioned, anywhere? What in the world are you talking about? The article Nathan posted had a quote by a TacoBell/KFC franchisee. Did it ever occur to you his margins might not equal a Denny franchisee in another state? Unreal. The point was to help you understand how Obamacare costs work which apparently you don't. You keep mentioning reducing the full time employees will somehow magically reduce the number of hours he'll still have to pay which makes absolutely no sense at all. It still takes x hours to run the business. He'll use more part time people where he won't have to pay benefits vs fewer full time employees. PLEASE tell me I'm not attempting to discuss business economics with a union member...
I won't call you a simpleton. Your are just uninformed (or at this stage of the thread, willfully ignorant). Keep hating "the man" based on your 'feelings'. It's as good as anything I guess.
Obamacare will hardly have any additional costs to anyone. It's 'magic'.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me