I've killed a truck load of deer with the 85gr X/TSX, both MD and WT, and I've only ever caught 2 bullets. Both were shot at hard angles, and both were recovered from the rear ham, after entering the front end, breaking the humerus, punching through the deer nearly lengthwise, and then breaking the opposite femur. The vast majority of deer that I've shot with these bullets have gone straight down, but I've had them run up to 100 yards when shooting the lungs. I nearly always shoot shoulder, and they nearly always go straight down.

Barnes bullets have proven to be the least finicky bullets I've shot through my rifles. It seems that if I toss together a decent load, it shoots sub-MOA, and I'm done load development. Just today I was out shooting the 80gr TTSX from my .243AI for the first time. I threw together a load with Lapua brass, 48gr of IMR4350, and seated the 80TTSX 0.050" off the lands, and the very first 5-shot group measured right at 0.56MOA at 100 yards, and averaged 3485fps. Load development complete, and I have no doubts that the terminal performance will equal what I saw from the 85's.