Good feedback. No doubt, a mono is going to perform best when running into more muscle/bone thru shoulders IMO than soft tissue like lungs broadside.

Doesn't sound like anyone has yet lost an animal who's reported. What I like hearing is that when the chips are down - it will perform regardless of shot angle. I use and will continue using 95 BTs on deer, but plan on using Barnes for my next several kills whether from a 243 or 6BR.

The pics of that 80 TTSX look great. JS- nice speed - thanks for the load/chrony info. Must be a 24" or longer - I was getting about 3100 in a 20" Ruger #1 RSI, via IIRC 45/IMR 4350 in FC brass.

My one experience is here -

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ger_1_International_Who_has_#Post3091822

Hog hit at 240 yds above, shoulder, wrecked lungs/heart, clipped spine, off shoulder, stopped in fat of the hide offside, DRT, in tracks. Pic of 85 TSX, again, remember, 3100 mv, so longer bbl and better load might add another 50-100 yds of terminal performance.

My MO is always trying different bullets and cartridges, in the name of R&D smile

Shot placement always rules, and I pick it according to a bullets design.

No doubt Dakota Deer - if I had nothing but broadside deer, an 85 BTHP GKHP or even a 95 BT would do fine, as most cup/core, even a 105 Amax, done it w/70 TNTs myself in a 6BR at 200 yds...ran about 40-60 steps, (2-3 seconds) and hit the brakes and fell over.

Whelenman- nice pics/bucks, thanks for sharing.

Steelhead - what twist are you running in the AIs? Thanks for the bullet info Scott.