Originally Posted by Buzz
I've piled up a bunch of whitetails with mine. I don't have the exact details but will tell you the distances have been between 40 and 150y. All but one were drilled through the shoulders with either the 80g TTSX or 85g TSX. They were all bam-flops. The one shot behind the shoulder ran about 40y and bled well. I've never recovered a TSX or TTSX in any caliber in a whitetail.

After reading numerous posts how TSX's penetrate like nothing else on the market and many claiming to never recover one inside a critter, I've seen five animals catch and hold 3 bullets. Two of them were .30 cal 180's. One from a .300 Weatherby (elk) and the other from a 300 Win (WT buck). This is just the second animal my son has killed with the TSX's and a shoulder shot on a 2.5 year-old 4x4 buck stopped the 85 grain TSX. I don't doubt TSX's penetrate well, as many people attest to it, but I've possibly seen the impossible where 3 outta 5 stopped and 2 were deer.

Not that it really matters though because all critters eneded up in the freezer. laugh