Originally Posted by rod44
Little story on that rifle. Early on the finish had many cracks in it. I never bothered doing anything about it.

We were burglerized and several of my rifles and shotguns were stolen. A month or so later they caught the guy. He had sold the guns to a gunshop. Cops went to the gun shop and recovered all the guns including those the guy sold. The gun dealer was going to refinish the stock and had striped the finish. All I had to do was finish it. The gun dealer was pissed but that is what happens when you buy stolen property.

Interesting story! smile My hunting partner was burgularized and they got a couple dozen guns. He only go one back... A S&W M-38 Bodyguard that they caught some miscreant with in Detroit. They also caught a Mexican Nat'l trying to cross the border in Juarez with his S&W Mod 59 in stuck in his belt and under his shirt... But he never got that one back... The sheriff called him and said he'd send it back, but he never got it. frown

Sad that kind of thing happens, but I'm glad you got yours back... smile

I have a lead on another in .308... But haven't been able to track it down yet... smile Like the previous poster said: "One of the best kept secrets..." grin

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"