Originally Posted by rod44
They sure are a nice gun. Wonder why they quit making them?

Rod,

At this late date, I can only speculate. But I don't think Ithaca did a really good job of marketing them. Most always when a product disappears from the market, it's usually for lack of sales...

On the other hand, I believe they are still being made in Europe. There was a company in Ca called Alex Imports that were importing a rifle called the Rover 870 I only saw one in .270 Win. But it looked exactly like the LSA-65 . Also, I once owned a Sabatti rilfe in 6mm ppc that looked to be a clone of the LSA-55. I shot it a bit, but it wasn't as accurate as my Ruger #1 in 6mm PPC, so it went down the road...

Based on these two examples, I would presume that Sabatti had purchased the rights (and/or design and tooling) for the rifle from Tikka.

Speaking of the LSA-65 (Long action version...) I just this week ran across a used one on the rack at a gun shop that I frequent. It was in .270 Win, I believe. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll pass on the contact info...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"