Rod,
I also had my house burglerized when I was living in Florida back the eighties and about a dozen guns were stolen including a super nice LSA-55 in 30-06. I got a couple of them back about two years later after I had moved back home to Pa. One was confiscated in a drug raid and the other one the police stopped a couple of suspicious looking guys in a field and ran a check on the serial # of the gun they were carrying. It sure pays to keep a record of your guns serial # and pictures. The guns were worth way more than my homeowners policy covered and you know what, the NRA did come through with that small amount of gun insurance you get with a membership.I became a Life member after that.I learned some hard lessons from an experience that I thought could never happen to me. But back to the LSA, it never did make it back home but as I recall the Ithaca rifles were manufactured by Husqvarna and mine had an action as smooth as butter. I did find a Smith and Wesson full stock Model E made by Husqvarna in 30-06 a few years ago and still have it. I am pretty sure this rifle was the same as the LSA line of Ithacas but was imported by S&W. They are great rifles, enjoy yours and keep it safe
Bob

"Individual liberty depends on keeping government under control" Ronald Reagan