I have a CZ527 Kevlar Varmint currently at the 'smiths getting the barrel cut to 18", and it will be come my resident coyote/critter/truck gun when it gets done. I am currently looking at glass.

I would like to keep the cost under $200, well under if possible. Right now I am looking at natchez, and they have several options in my price range.

• They still have some of the Nitrex TR One 3-9s. I have one of these in gloss on my 700, and its very nice glass. This was my Plan A. I am not sure I will find a better piece of glass for anywhere close to this amount

• They also have some Sightron S1 3-9x40 with Duplex, HHR, and or MilDot reticles for about the same money. I have an older S1 on my muzzleloader. Its a decent scope, but doesnt seem nearly as clear and robust as the Nitrex. Has the S1 gotten better in recent years?

• They have the Burris Fullfield II for just a little more than the Nitrex and Sightron. I have never had a Fullfield, but hear good things. Are they better than the the other options? How is the Ballistic Plex reticle for real world use?

• For a little more, they have the Burris Fullfield Tactical 3-9x40. I like the idea of turrets, and the Ballistic Plex sems like a pretty good reticle for a hunting gun. I do not, however, want to put a huge, bulky scope on this handy little rifle. How are the turrets on the Fullfield Tactical? The ones they have on closeout are green, but if they are a nice scope, I can deal with that.