Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Mohawk
"I love my Nitrex TR1 and that is what is on my truck/ATV/loaner rifle. Very tough scope".

Curious how you came to the conclusion that it is a very tough scope? How many rounds have you shot with it?

I'd have to guess a couple hundred. Not on a real heavy kicker. The true test for me is it is nearly through its second year of living in a gun boot on an ATV in some of the rockiest rugged country you have ever seen. The county seat is a town called Rocksprings and the town got its name for a reason. A short ride on that ATV will loosen the fillings in your teeth. Other scopes have not survived well. When the rifle is not on the ranch it is behind the seat of the truck. It sees some very rough use. The rifle is a Stevens 200 with the 3x9 Nitrex in cheap weaver quad lock rings. My purpose for the rig was a tool to be worked hard and that you don't worry about getting beat up. Plus I can loan it to people like my brother in law who can tear up an anvil. So far so good and the quality of the glass is impressive to my eye.