Originally Posted by alpinecrick
The M700's of the last few years generally shoot as well as the best of the old ones--this seems to be especially true of the heavy barrels.

Fit and finish is noticably better--especially in the cheaper grades like the current SPS/ADL vs the matte/synthetic ADL from ten years ago.

The era from roughly 1998 thru 2009 are the ones that I have seen the most QC issues.

When Cerebus bought Remington in the late 90's, it took a while, but it seems to me access to cheaper money for financing helped Remington QC and development of products.
More pointless, anecdotal BULLSHIT. I've heard this era was better than that era, but this other era was WAY better than ANY of those eras, blah, blah, blah, BULLSHIT. The quality and any perceived quality control "issues" -- which are primarily in the heads of Internet posters and gun shop wags -- has and have largely remained the same for all post-WWII Remington products.

Nobody -- and I mean NO-F*CKING-BODY -- has been able to provide any sort of statistical data, warranty return data or anything that would in any way prove that Remington quality has gone up or down in any given era or timeframe. It's always this anecdotal HORSESHIT of "I've seen," "I've heard," "In my opinion," or some other larded-up nonsense.

I doubt most of the opinion bloviators would know the difference in any Remington 700 based on how it shot even if the damned rifle bit them in the ass.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.