Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Nobody -- and I mean NO-F*CKING-BODY -- has been able to provide any sort of statistical data, warranty return data or anything that would in any way prove that Remington quality has gone up or down in any given era or timeframe. It's always this anecdotal HORSESHIT of "I've seen," "I've heard," "In my opinion," or some other larded-up nonsense.
How this Brick, no [bleep] stats or hearsay bullschit, just what I and a world-class gunsmith friend of mine have seen, not with our own two eyes, but with our dominant eye through a [bleep] 10X loupe. Remington just shipped him a 308 with a 5R barrel. Great crown!. They ship him SPS's with a hog wallow for a crown. Point of fact is obviously the azzwipes at Big Green KNOW how to produce a proper crown, but don't always bother. One rifle he just recieved has a chamber so [bleep] you have to pound the bolt handle open to extract the fired case.

Remington 700's are excellent actions, once a competent gunsmith has unphucked them and installed a decent barrel and stock.
Let me see if I can put it in a vernacular someone of your ilk can understand: How this, you no speaky no numbers, just mo' BULLSHIT. You savvy? No savvy?

Yours is just another of the same old horseshit stories that gets floated around by the same old dumb, f*cking, imbecilic [bleep] as always. There is nothing to indicate post-WWII Remington products have gotten better or worse or have certain "eras" of any specific quality to avoid or covet. I couldn't give a good God-damn how many of these little horseshit yarns you choose to spin or what sort of characters you choose to inject in order to give them any particular gravitas.

I know my dad bought a Model 760 in 1961 with an out-of-round chamber. What about that? Where in the hell was Remington's vaunted kick-ass quality then? I have an article from the Cast Bullet Journal from about 1996 of a late-'80s 700V in .308 with a screwed up throat. These examples are just more indication of the same alleged problems existing throughout Remington's production runs of ALL decades since WWII.

If you had a "blind shoot off" of various 700s selected from the various eras entire 700's production run, I doubt you or anyone else could pick out any anomalies or adverse patterns in accuracy. I'd bet good money on that.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.