Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Davemc

Arm the teacher's, Might help a bit if the perp was going to kill my shooting. Wouldn't help a bit if the perp decided to run a car through a play ground at high speed or carry a bomb into a school
I don't know what the answer is but more gun control isn't the answer.
It won't help if there is a graveyard next to the school and the Zombies arise either. You cannot plan for every last scenario. People go on and on about costs too and then something like this happens and we've got plenty of money. It doesn't happen that way. I've been an employee of the schools and also on the board. There is no full contingency plan and in real life, it does cost money to protect everybody. It's just like insurance. Obamacare has lots of connotations but at it's root is the idea everybody has the RIGHT to healthcare. Nobody has ever had the right to life let alone the means to provide it. Healthcare and the insurance thereof, costs money. It costs money to protect people too and resources are finite. The main mission of a school is education just like the main mission of a grocery store is to sell groceries. You shift a huge amount of resources to protecting people in either, and that becomes the mission, not education or grocery sales. That's where addressing the problems before they reach your doorstep comes in. Sadly, IMO we are either unwilling or unable to do so anymore, as a society. If our whole society hadn't went, to put it in clinical terms, crazier than a shixthouse rat, then possibly there wouldn't be as many individuals wishing to strike out against it.

The removal of obstacles to people taking responsibility for their own protection and that of those in their care, is the best and most cost-effective way to do this.
You're on a roll. Another excellent post.