Originally Posted by Gravestone
Originally Posted by tbear
Allowing teachers to become armed guards is not the solution. I teach security guards to shoot & also work as an armed guard. Its a typical example of something that appears simple & is not. The average female teacher is not interested in guns or becoming proficient with firearms. If the gun is concealed where is the gun concealed. This is even more difficult with female teachers. Does the armed teacher have the skill & desire to put down an armed shooter? There are some on the Fire that think they are prepared to put them selves in harms way that at the moment of truth would fail. How many teachers are willing to become proficient & stay proficient with a firearm. Teachers need to focus on educating children not becoming armed guards.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Exactly what, exactly? smile

Nobody is looking to force-feed teachers firearms. If John or Judy Smith are scared of the bad weapons, I sure as hell don't want them anywhere near them.

What many are looking for, myself included, is for everyone to stay the hell out of the way of those who are competent and willing to carry. Remove anything resembling the GFSA and let those who can carry do so.

I am well aware that there are many "armed professionals" who have not always been "gun guys". In this line of work, they are forced to be at least proficient but there's always that itch in the back of my skull when I'm around one. Luckily, I don't have any of "them" in the patrol ranks of my agency.

If we attempt to force anyone in the teaching profession, they likely wouldn't even meet a basic proficiency as they want nothing to do with it. Leave those folks alone and let them continue on as they are.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�