A lot of divergent views here as everyone has a different body and its reaction to various packs. This is one of those scenarios that a better move would be to go to a well stocked store and try on different models. Even then a cursory "test" may not be the same when trekking around in the bush with weight in the back.

I would like to defend the Eberlestock previously mentioned by Kakobuka68. I have a ten year old Just One that has been all over the western US including 6 trips to Alaska. I must report zero failures in all aspects including the rifle scabbard which I think is a great idea! I loathe the Kifaru Gun Bearer so you can see this is a personal topic.

The Kuiu was pretty nice but I couldn't get used to the folding technique to close the large compartment. I wanted a high quality zipper.

I will be testing a new to me Eberlestock X1 in the next week on the upcoming elk hunt. This is a scaled down version of the Just One - more suitable for a daypack.

Anyway, in the backpacking/camping arena, if you find something you like that works well - GO BUY ANOTHER ONE.
Too many times the manufacturer discontinues the model, cheapens it or goes out of business.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/02/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.