Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Wrongside
S&K, Conetrol or steel Talleys are all nicer steel rings and good choices, IMO. I like the S&Ks for their combination of strength, looks and lightweight.

I've had several pairs of Talley LWs, still have one on a 223, and mine have worked OK. Friends have had them break though, and that definitely makes me less inclined to put them on a 'serious' rifle. OMMV... smile

Originally Posted by gmsemel
The key is having the mounts properly installed, not every Joe two thumbs at the gun shop can do that. Most all the scope mount problems I have seen were not due to the mount but to poor installation.

I agree, also if the bridge of the receiver is not properly machined and things are out of alignment you may have problems with the talley lightweights....but that is definately not the fault of the talley system, it's the cheap azz rifle you are puting them on!!

Customized Winchesters and Remingtons, fully trued. In the case of the M70s, bridges surface ground true. Cheap? OK.

I've never had a problem so wtf is yours? You are doing something wrong..... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA