Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I've never had a problem so wtf is yours? You are doing something wrong..... whistle

I don't think we are improperly installing our rings/bases, but maybe. I'm not gonna pretend I know it all or just because I haven't seen something, it doesn't happen.

No formal gun smithing education here. I just read all I can on subjects of interest and try to use the right tools for a given job. I have alignment/lapping rods and torque screws per specs. Still possible that I have done it wrong? Sure is. I've never seen or had any other ring/base combo actually break though. And that's happened twice with the LWs now. Does that mean the other will never fail, because I've never personally seen it or had it happen? Of course not...

The OP asked about steel rings/bases, I shared my opinions and experiences with the different options and mentioned the LWs because they had been previously. Everybody has different needs, requirements, experiences and expectations. Nothing personal. If you like Talley LWs and they work for you... Good, I'm happy for you! Keep using them... They work for lots of guys and that's great! But for us and how our rifles get hunted, we prefer other options now.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.