There are a lot of ring/base combinations out there that are pretty much bulletproof and will last a lifetime. The simplest and best looking to me is the leupold dual dovetail, put them on properly and lap the bottom half and you'll never have to worry about them again. However, that could be said about several other systems also. Dual dovetails are readily available, look good, and reasonably priced, there's nothing not to like. As Mule Deer said the weak point on most mounts is the screws. If you really want it bombproof I think an investment in having a good gunsmith drill and tap to 8-40 is wise.

I've used the talley lightweights before and will again, they're nice rings, just a bit ugly. However, to say they're the strongest is probably stretching it a bit. I haven't had it happen, but there have been enough posters with pictures here of talley lightweights that have broken, all in the same place, to convince me that there is a weak point in them. Are they likely to break? No, they probably won't, but if you want bombproof then I don't think they're it. I doubt you could break a leupold dual dovetail without destroying the scope too. You might break the screws but it would take something pretty extraordinary to break the rings or bases themselves.