Had occassion a week ago to see the Quentin Tarrantino movie "Django Unchained" - I enjoyed it very much and was greatly entertained and interested in it.
I saw the movie out on the west coast with an exceptional audio and video system in that new theatre.
The popcorn therein was SUPERB, fresh and refillable at no charge and that helped my enjoyment of the movie/story also.
I won't spoil any of the movie or "guest stars" for anyone but the storyline and characters were well done and acted.
Quentin Tarrantino is an excellent story teller no matter how weird he and/or his Wilt Chamberlin loving mother are/were.
The movie is LONG and constantly changing interesting points/plots.
It is amazing how Quentin Tarrantino can at times interject "humor" into the most serious and unpredictable of times throughout some of his movies?
I think I will see it again when it comes to my small home town here in SW Montana.
One reason I want to see it again is that I forgot to ascertain/see if the firearms used in the movie are "true" to the era of the movie - I have a suspicion some of the many and varied firearms are more modern than the year the movie takes place in (which was 1858).
The movie has taken in $115,000,000.00+ so far (in 16 days) and has been nominated now for some Academy Awards so I guess it is a success - no matter what I think of it.
But I recommend it with a VarmintGuy 1 to 100 rating of 95 on the high end of my scale.
If you see it be sure and empty your bladder BEFORE the movie starts - its 165 minutes (2 hours and 45 minutes!) long!
If you see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
If nothing else it is a stark reminder of mans inhumanity to other men and what a horrifc thing slavery was/is!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy