Waterrat: The movie finally made it to my small town yesterday and the VarmintWife and I went to see it - her for the first time.
She actually really enjoyed it and remained quiet and attentive through the whole show.
I paid special attention this time to the armaments and they mainly were re-productions of the originals of the era.
The bottles in question I could not ascertain their manufacture period.
Both the ones used as targets and the ones used for drinking beer from - were unknown to me.
I thought the outstanding performance of the movie was by Leonardo Decaprio - even though his character was a true turd-like cretin he was convincing and entertaining to me.
I did notice that all the people in our small theatre (50 to 60 people) that not a single one of them got up to leave for any reason.
A small testament to Mr. Tarrantinos ability to tell a story (even a long one!) and keep the audiences attention fully.
I can't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier posting or not but I actually swam in the same remote (dead end dirt road goes right by it) hot spring that Django is seen swimming in- and has a dream/thought that his wife is there swimming with him. This was the mountain scene in the snowy winter time and early part of the movie.
Yes the Doctor and Django covered some country in a year or so but still a well told and interesting story I thought.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy