Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Ringman
Almost forty years ago I used some Hordnady 175 spitzers. I hit a deer in the shoulder about ten yards away fired from my 7mm-.300 Weatherby. None of the bullet entered the chest cavity. It turned so I shot it at the base of the tail dropping it. I then put one in the back of the neck.

[Linked Image] TFF. The muzzle blast alone at that distance should have killed him. Musta been an armor plated Ninja deer.

No, it was a cheap bullet, at high velocity, at very close range.

This is a great recipe for what he described.

No, what I am saying is you dont need a 7 or 300 super whizzum shooting an 80 cent bullet to do a 20 cent job. In fact I have never taken a deer with a rifle closer than 125 yrds, and when I did it wasnt shooting a 80 cent bullet.

Buck taken at 65 yrds 3 years ago. Thought he was a 140, but busted tine.

[Linked Image]

Look at the size of his neck, and the busted tine. Dressed out at 175 lbs.

[Linked Image]

Shot him once with this, 41 mag 210 XTP going 1500 fps, which is fast. Purchased in 73

[Linked Image]

Total cost of the Round 22 cents. Bullet cost me 17 cents. I practice with a hard cast at the same speed that costs me 6 cents. Been doing this for 30 years, but I guess I need to buy a super whizzum rifle and premium bullets so I can come on here and complain about cheap bullet performance.

Swifty