Originally Posted by stillbeeman
redhill makes an excellent point. Most folks don't shoot regular bullets for the price, they shoot them 'cause they get the job done. Other than braggin' rights, what difference does it make if you drive a VW or a Porsche to work as long as you get there on time.
I've been up the money scale and back down again with my bullet selection. Other the years, I don't think I've shot a single head of game that wouldn't be as dead, as quickly if I'd been using a "regular" bullet.

I agree with you about Redhill making an excellent point. I just love his posts.

My travels through the "premium" bullet world did not end up with better results just disappointment in the performance. Perhaps I was not matching the right bullet construction with the proper caliber for a particular species. I agree with the "premium is the only way to go" crowd in that in many circumstances it allows for upgraded performance in calibers that are deemed too small by the magnum crowd.

My experience with Partitions and Barnes X types was complete penetration and penciling through of the game animal resulting in more shots needed and the fear of losing the game. Perhaps production methods have changed since I last tried them out but at this point I am leery about moving away from something that has proven itself over and over again by myself and my hunting styles and our sons in theirs.

Newer isn't better......better is better. Simple.

Last edited by Redhill; 01/15/13.