"Too bad the Win factory ammo isn't more accurate."

That's surprising. A few years back I bought a Winchester M70 XTR push fed .270 Win. mostly because the price was way too good to pass up It even came with a cheap scope on it. I bought a box of 150 gr. Power points to check accuracy and pressure ring and case head expnsion for factory ammo before working up handloads. The guy I got it from said it was sighted and so I set up at 100 yards and fired three shots for one ragged hole. The I fired two more and the group was right at .75". I waited two minutes between shots so the barrel wouldn't get too hot. I did three more sets of 5 shot groups and one was very close to .50" and the widest group was .85".
My handloads all have stayed under one inch so far but there's a few bullets I haven't tried yet. I know most people seem to prefer the 130 gr. bullets in the .270 but my tightest groups have come rom the 150 gr. bullets. As always, YMMV.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE