Originally Posted by PJGunner
"Too bad the Win factory ammo isn't more accurate."

That's surprising. A few years back I bought a Winchester M70 XTR push fed .270 Win. mostly because the price was way too good to pass up It even came with a cheap scope on it. I bought a box of 150 gr. Power points to check accuracy and pressure ring and case head expnsion for factory ammo before working up handloads. The guy I got it from said it was sighted and so I set up at 100 yards and fired three shots for one ragged hole. The I fired two more and the group was right at .75". I waited two minutes between shots so the barrel wouldn't get too hot. I did three more sets of 5 shot groups and one was very close to .50" and the widest group was .85".
My handloads all have stayed under one inch so far but there's a few bullets I haven't tried yet. I know most people seem to prefer the 130 gr. bullets in the .270 but my tightest groups have come rom the 150 gr. bullets. As always, YMMV.
Paul B.

I keep trying them, but so far no dice. I'd really like them to work because they feature a pretty good bullet for the money.

I've used them in 3 .270's and 2 7 mags. All but one grouped 2"-3". Interestingly enough, the rifle that liked them was a pre-64.

I wouldn't consider shooting 1.5" or less in 1 out of 5 rifles good accuracy, especially when federal blue box stuff always seems to shoot.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.