I shot a fair amount of the 150gr Power Point factory loads in my Win 70 Super Grade 7mm Rem Mag. They had 'em marked waaay down at the end of the season one year at Wally World, and I couldn't pass 'em up. It liked them a lot and I could count on 3/4" to a little over an inch groups out of them, depending on the wind and my shooting that day. I never shot anything any larger than a ~240lb whitetail buck with them, but they put 'em down quickly and always penetrated completely through, even on one I shot quartering almost right to me.

I dropped two does with one shot with that load one evening, at about 275yds, and it was a complete pass-through even on the back deer. I didn't know that another doe was directly behind the one I was shooting at, but when I pulled the trigger, the doe behind went titts up right there and the one in front made about two jumps and piled up. This was with 150gr Power Point factory loads I had bought in 2003.

Alas, I had to sell that rifle to finance my divorce from my first wife, but the friend that I sold it to loves it and continues to kill a lot of deer and several elk with it.

Last edited by Skeezix; 05/07/13. Reason: clarity

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)