Many of you have bad dealings with the airgun stock maker James Linthicium - here is a quick update.

About 3 years ago I found myself in a disastrous situation when I shipped my Whiscombe Airrifle to this seemingly reputable airgun Stock maker .

My negative Dealer BOI post pretty much explains the situation.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/5627...inthicum+NEGATIVE+-+Legal+Action+Pending

I filed a law suit against him as well as pressed criminal charges ,with the Post Office, FBI, Internet Fraud and the Sheriffs Dept in Dodge City. Mail fraud, theft etc etc etc - it's a long list.

Well today I got good news from the detective in charge of the case.

Mr. Linthicium was located (back in Kansas) a search warranty was obtained and he was arrested by the Dodge City Police last Friday evening.

Currently he is behind bars.

The best news is that during the search of his property my prized Whiscombe JW50 # 013 was located, but sadly in pieces...

The bad news is that my original stock has been broken into 3 pieces - and all the nuts and bolts to put the rifle back together are missing.
The action and barrel are intact although the condition of them is unknown.
The heavy duty Pelican Rifle case which the rifle was shipped in is missing.

My rifle (in pieces) is now safely locked up in the evidence locker - while we wait for the court to appoint a court date and possible trial.

Considering that I never thought that I'd see that airgun ever again this is very good news, as at least I now am assured that I will be getting it back,
hopefully in the not to distant future. Although I do have to fly out from Los Angeles to Dodge City for the court date when he stands trial - and testify against him.

Anyway there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

And please let this be a warning to all of you shipping rifles to 3rd parties - PLEASE do your due diligence.
USE the dealer BOI and BOI pages, search other forums and boards for possible scams / scammers.

Continue safe shooting.

James