Originally Posted by Centurion75
I am trying not to have more then one stop if I can help it. If it was up to me there would be no stops!!

Bear In Fairbanks: The first search I did of flights didn't even show Alaska Air coming to Bradley or Logan so I thought Newark would be a must. Once I went to Alaska Airs website though I got a better look at available flights.

It looks like the flights out of Hartford on AK Air all have two+ stops. But Logan does 1 stop in seatle. I can live with that!

Out of Hartford? As in Connecticut? Never heard of Ak. Air going to Hartford either.
I honestly think your best bet is to get a hop to Newark. Then, it's gonna be one stop on your way to either Anch. or Fairbanks. That stopover will be SeaTac.
It's pointless to go further west or southwest to another airport (such as D.C.) then take Screw-U airlines into Alaska.
Whenever we travel outside the state, we play the Ak. Airlines "game". We go to Newark, Tucson, Eugene, Ore. (Horizon), Miami, etc. all on Ak.Air. They even fly to Hawaii out of Anch. Then again, we use a hotshot travel agent too & she really knows the ropes. I refuse to try & book airline flights any more.
Good luck with what ever you decide.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.