Told you guys i'd give a report when I got back:

We flew United from syracuse to Newark then to Seattle to Anchorage.

last thursday got delayed right off the bat leaving syracuse. first time they delayed they said due to too much air traffic going into newark, THEN the thunder storms started going through the area so we started about 8hours late and obviously missed all of our flights.

In syracuse the people for United said that once we got to Newark make sure we had specific seats reserved and then get a hotel voucher.

Hit Newark wait in a line for 1.5hours to get to the customer service to be told "you are on the plane but no guaranteed seats since you didn't pay for that specific flight and we can't give you a voucher it was weather not our problem"

all hotels filled so we slept in the airport.

hit anchorage 15hours after we were originally supposed to and find out that only 6 of our 7 bags made it.

told it is in Newark would be there later that night or the next morning.....

return flights went well, that bag is still missing and now we are being told to find the receipts for all of the items in the bag....can you imagine if it was a bag filled with clothes????

as it is we are supposed to contact the retailers and get them to backdate a receipt for the items: 2 sleeping bags & 3 pairs of boots

the planes wern't bad on United or at least not for me being young and average build but the service was terrible so next time we will pay a bit more and fly with someone else