Originally Posted by Bear_in_Fairbanks
Outa Boston? Take it & don't look back. Hard for me to believe there's a non-stop Ak. Air. flight, Boston to Ak. Maybe. They've expanded their routes quite a bit over the years.
Out of Fairbanks, it's usually (not always) the "red eye" @ 1:30A.M. This is so you can catch connections out of SeaTac.
Bear in Fairbanks

I think you are right. Gotta go thru Seattle, Boston to AK, me thinks. Not gonna research it tho.

Today we were informed we (Alaska Airlines) just received our 6th consecutive JD Powell award for best main-stream airline. We are still third behind Jet Blue and (someone else) in the low-cost airline category however, but we came up 39 points from last year.... Management aims to clear the table.... smile

All 12,000+ AS employees are receiving 4 PST (positive space travel) - each PST good for a free one-way trip anywhere AS goes, if available - there are limits to times/flights and quantity - first listed, first served. For me that means the wife and I are going RT ANC to MCO (Orlando) in October for the kid's wedding in Jamaica free/confirmed, rather than standby space available. AS treats it's employees pretty well!

Jet Blue is gonna cost us a bundle into Montego Bay, tho.

I gotta talk to Brad Tildon (CEO) about this... smile

The "bad news" is that the SEA-MCO flight arrives 5 minutes before the Jet Blue flight leaves for Montego.. I'm gonna hate that 24 hours in Orlando, considering the weather in mid-October in Kotzebue... smile

I'm taking suggestions on what to do for a morning/early afternoon in Orlando.

Besides sleep in. We leave Kotz about 7:30 pm, arrive Orlando about 5:30 pm with 5 time-zone changes. And no, I'm not going to Disneyland. I'm guessing an Everglades swamp tour is out of the question, and that's about the only thing in Florida that interests me. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.