Originally Posted by rustyzipper
I'm going to have to fix my X57 at the tang so it and the other typical weak spots will get attention. When my 9.3X62 comes I will check it for the hidden weak spots and do preventive measures if needed. Anyone use the Remington style stock crossbolts for the web between trigger inlet and magazine on these guns? This is an older thread but informative. Rusty Z.

For the (one) handful of 9.3x57 shooters on the 24hrcf, this thread is a must read.

My M46 Husqvarna came to me with a split web. The split was repaired with a pair of stainless steel, internal crossbolts that were epoxied in place at the same time the receiver was epoxy bedded. Jack Lott described the procedure in at least several articles he wrote for Guns and Ammo Magazine, on how he reinforced the wood stocks of his .458 Lotts.

If you mean the thin brass pins that Remington used to reinforce their wood stocks as Remington style crossbolts, I have never used them. I believe that there was a brass pin in a 700 ADL stock that came with my 1984 7mmRM. The barreled action was bedded into a Brown Precision stock before the first shot was fired so I have no idea how well the the brass pin works. I do, however, believe I hedged the bet substantially by going the Jack Lott route on my M46.