I don't think it much matters given today's wonder cleaners. With good jags, brushes and patches along with the occasional bore scope to know what's really happening the rod won't be making all that many passes.

The only knock on Tipton I've ever credited was a rare lack of quality control in fitting the ferrule and if a particular rod was good as most are then that's as good as any. Certainly superior to older coated rods that aren't up to dealing with today's wonder cleaners. But current coated rods are up to the wonder cleaners so again I'd use either rod provided the rod was the right fit.

Then again Dewey chosen to fit the bore and barrel length - not long to fit everything but the right length for my barrel (different rods for a 26" bolt and a 16" gas gun .224 bore) to minimize flex and now I need new ones with the rise of solvent ports making the bore guide longer - with bore guide are what I use in my best barrels because I have them and they are good enough - my preference is a pair of rods - brush and jag - for each barrel along with a Sinclair cradle and double rod holder - plus again today's cleaners and it's quick - except for sometimes waiting - and easy.

No question Montana Extreme is selling a full line of fine rods at 2 different price points and they might be at the top of the class.

Again I'd figure any of the name brands chosen to fit the bore and the right length for the barrel and bore guide is better than a possible superior in some technical aspect rod that was too long and bowed on the stock comb and the other possible ills that a rod is subject to.